Invisible Chapter 16

Once out the cafe doors, I rush home. Namjoon didn't follow me out, and I'm grateful for that. Even outside, I can't seem to take in enough air. My breathing rhythm is fast.

My brain can't process what just happened, and my heart hurts. I feel sick; my bias likes me. I turned him down because I care so much for Yoongi. How did this even happen?

As I walk, my breathing becomes heavier. A tightness spreads across my chest, making me dizzy. I stop walking and bend over, trying to catch my breath. Panic sets in and squeezes my chest.

I don't want to be the cause of BTS breaking up. Just the thought of it kills me. Tears well up in my eyes, but I can't push them down. They begin rolling down my cheeks faster and faster. I'm sobbing like a baby in the middle of the sidewalk.

It's rare for me to be this emotional. I'm completely lost in my thoughts, overrun with fear and confusion. I can't believe how lucky I am, but at the same time, the situation is so sad. It's so confusing.

Strong hands grab me and pull me to my feet. I can make out a beautiful face through the blur of my tears. It's my Yoongi. His presence causes me to cry even harder. I fall into his arms and cry out.

The sounds that come out of me are similar to a whale's. Yoongi hugs me closer to him with a concerned look. He feels so safe and comforting. His scent fills my nostrils, making my head spin even more.

"Honey, what happened?" He whispers in my ear.

Even if I knew what to say to him, I couldn't speak. I was crying too hard to even attempt to croak out a single word. His hand rubs soothing circles into my back. He asks again, but I still can't respond.

The only thing I can manage to do is cry harder. Guilt, fear, and confusion are eating me up. Yoongi's presence helps relieve a little of my misery. I felt safe enough to just cry in his arms.

Yoongi, just let me cry. He holds me until I finally start to calm down. I pull away just enough to allow myself to look up at him. His eyes carefully watch me. He looks helpless.

The concern in his eyes melts my heart. Yoongi leans forward to press his lips against my forehead. The action almost makes me cry again. Letting out a deep sigh, I force back the new tears.

"I'm sorry," I apologize.

Yoongi's brown eyes soften. "For what? Don't be sorry. Please tell me what happened."

With his arm still wrapped around me, Yoongi leads me to a black car near us. Oh, great, his bodyguards just witnessed my breakdown. My cheeks burn red with embarrassment. After I crawl into the seat, Yoongi closes the door and walks around to the other side.

He pulls his seatbelt across his chest and then turns to me. "Are you ready to tell me what happened?"

I contemplate my options. Tell him the truth since he found me crying on the street, or don't because I promised Namjoon I'd give him until the end of the day or stay silent. The latter is out of the question, though. Yoongi deserves some sort of answer.

"Do you trust me, Yoongi?" I ask, holding his gaze.

Yoongi's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Yes, I do. Why?"

Stressed, I run a hand down my face. "Well," I pause. "I can't tell you right now. You'll know soon. Just know I'm not okay with it."

"With what?" He questions.

I shake my head. "You need to talk to Namjoon. That is all I can say right now."

His confused expression turns cold. It's a look I've never seen on him, except when he's Agust D. A shiver shoots down my spine. Anxiety begins to creep into me.