Invisible Chapter 9

The sound of my door pulls me out of the most fantastic dream. My alarm clock reads that it's just past four in the morning. A little body crawls into bed with me. Hudson's little arms wrap around me.

"Mommy," Hudson murmurs. "Can I sleep with you?"

I nod and pull him into my arms. I'm tired, but my thoughts are filled with Yoongi, so I can't sleep. Last night, he was so lovely and flirtatious. He'd occasionally place his hand on my shoulder while we were talking.

I was worried that I was just imagining it all the whole time. I was most definitely being slightly delusional. After last night, I'm not sure I should be working for him anymore. I'm not the type of girl Yoongi should be into.

Hudson's words from a few days ago popped into my head when he said that whoever is telling me I'm not worthy is lying. While I've been better at not degrading myself, occasionally, self-doubt worms its way into my brain. I need to have more faith in myself and Yoongi. Obviously, Yoongi sees something good in me. What that is, though, I'm not sure.

He thinks I'm worthy enough to be his friend. He wouldn't have invited me to dinner with him and his famous friends if he didn't. A smile spreads across my face. I'm genuinely grateful to Yoongi and his never-ending warmth and kindness. With that final thought, I drift back off to sleep.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

When my phone rings, Hudson and I are about to walk out the door to take him to school. Who would call this early in the morning? Eager to get to school, Hudson tugs on my hand. I motion for Hudson to wait as I pull my phone out of my pocket and hit answer.

"Hey," Yoongi's deep voice rings in my ear, sounding like music.

"Hey Yoongi," I greet him back.

"Wow, you're starting to recognize my voice." He teases me.

I can't help but chuckle. Looks like Yoongi is in a good mood today. Hearing his voice boosts my mood even more. It seems last night was good for both of us.

"Yes, I can recognize your voice. Do you need me to come clean? I can be there soon; I just have to drop my son off at school. Oh, I'll also have to call my other house and let them know I won't be able to make it today." I begin to ramble.

"Woah, slow down there, tiger. I was thinking maybe after work, you could come over, and we could talk about something." Yoongi explains.

"Oh," I panic. "Did I do something wrong or say something I shouldn't have?"

"No, no," he tries to reassure me. "It's nothing like that. You're not in trouble."

"Okay... What is it about? Did I act weird at dinner last night? Is that what this is about?" Lingering anxiety has me rambling again.

Yoongi chuckles. "No, nothing like that. It's just something important I wanted to talk to you about. It's nothing bad. Can you come by around six? I've already set things up with your babysitter."

"Sure, I'll be there at six." I giggle.

"Just dress casually. You don't need to wear your work clothes tonight." Yoongi fails at hiding his excitement.

"Okay," I respond, slightly confused by this conversation.

Yoongi hangs up the phone before I can ask any more questions. "What is going on?" I wonder to myself.

Throughout the rest of my day, I've had the same repeating worries. Maybe I did do something wrong, and he just didn't want to tell me over the phone. Did I say something terrible? I've always been a bit awkward, and when I get nervous, I tend to say inappropriate things.