Invisible Chapter 8

Oh my god. If I get out of this car, everyone will see me. ARMY would show up at my house and Hudson's school if they knew I was hanging out with Yoongi. Panic has completely taken over my brain. My hand shoots out and grips Yoongi's.

"I don't think I can do this," I whisper.

Yoongi stares at our hands. Sheepishly, I release my death grip on him and rest my hands on my lap. My cheeks burn a violent red. Why did I do that?

Clearing his throat, Yoongi grabs my attention. "What do you mean?"

"There's people out there. I can't be seen with you. I have to protect my son." My voice comes out shaky as I explain my dilemma.

Yoongi gives me a soft smile. "Don't worry, I'll get out here and go through the front door. You'll be taken to the back of the restaurant."

Most of my anxiety disappears. A tiny worry worm is still wiggling around in my brain. There is still a chance I could be discovered. Yoongi must detect my hesitance.

"Don't worry," He reassures me. "I have sunglasses and a hoodie for you to wear."

I nod, finally committing to this plan. Before Yoongi exits the car, he hands me a folded black hoodie and a black pair of sunglasses. As the vehicle approaches the backdoor, I slip my jacket on and tuck my hair into the hood. It's blonde and easily distinguishable. The mask and sunglasses hide my facial features.

Due to my curves, that jacket wasn't too big on me. It is almost a perfect fit. I wish it were a little baggier so my body shape was harder to make out. That's my only qualm about the hoodie. It's a nice brand-name hoodie that smells nice.

I secretly tuck my nose into the fabric and sniff it as I walk into the restaurant. I quickly pull my nose away from the material when I realize what I'm doing. I shouldn't go around sniffing his clothes; that's weird. For a moment, I lost control of myself.

It's definitely Yoongi's jacket. It smells like him. I hoped the jacket would help me blend in, but I stick out like a sore thumb. Walking through the kitchen, I strip off the hoodie and sunglasses.

Looking around, I spot some of the BTS members sitting at a big table and others I recognize as K-drama actors. My palms begin to sweat from my nervousness as I stand quietly in the doorway. Yoongi's eyes meet mine from across the room. He swiftly leaves his seat and approaches me.

His fingers lace with mine before he pulls me to the table. We come to a stop next to a few people whose faces seem familiar. I stand awkwardly next to Yoongi, shuffling my feet in an attempt to calm my nerves.

With my head down, I will myself to vanish from their sight. The gift of invisibility would be great to have right about now. Yoongi's friends smile at us and wave. I nod my head slightly and softly smile back.

"Why are you being shy all of a sudden?" Yoongi whispers in my ear so the others don't hear.

His lips barely graze my skin, causing a shiver to run down my spine. Oh my god, his face is so close to mine. Butterflies are rampaging in my stomach. I have to tell myself to breathe before I lose my cool.

"I'm just a little nervous," I mumble, keeping my voice low enough so only Yoongi can hear.

He squeezes my hand slightly to comfort me before turning back to his friends. "She's a bit nervous. Everyone, please try to make her feel at home. He yells to catch everyone's attention.

His statement makes an embarrassed blush bloom across my cheeks. Ignoring my embarrassment, I thank everyone for letting me come. Sitting next to me is Namjoon. He shoots me a smile before he focuses back on the conversation he is having with the person to his right.