Invisible Chapter 10

My head is spinning. I've been having dreams about hanging out with Yoongi and being his friend. I'm constantly worried I'll fall for him. I already had a crush on him as an ARMY. Yoongi is my friend now. It'd be too easy to fall head over heels for him.

The past few nights, I've struggled to sleep properly. All night, thoughts of Yoongi swirled around my head. He lives in my head day and night. Yoongi actually wants to be my friend, and that alone has my heart and mind racing.

At this rate, Yoongi occupies my mind too much. What if I accidentally fall for him and start acting weird? Would I become a sasaeng? These obsessive thoughts are becoming hazards in my life. They make me drop things and almost cause car accidents. Once, I was so distracted I almost let Hudson walk into the middle of the street.

I need to pull my head together. After that incident, I decided it was time to call my boss. Min-Jun is the only person who knows I work for Yoongi. Therefore, he's the only person I can talk to about my problems.

"Hey, Boss," I greet Min-Jun when he answers my call.

"Hey, Kiddo," the man happily says through the phone.

"Can I talk to you about something?" I nervously bite my thumbnail.

"Sure. What's up?" His tone grows more serious.

I hesitate for a moment. "Are you alone?"

"No," He pauses. In the background, I can hear his feet shuffle across the floor as he leaves the room he's in. "I'm alone now. Is everything alright? Are you sick? Can you not work tomorrow?"

Unsurprisingly, Min-Jun's first thought is about work. I mean, he is my boss, after all. Maybe this was a bad idea. Min-Jun may treat me like his daughter, but he's still my boss, and I'm about to admit I went out with a client. It's too late to back out now.

"No, it's not that. Yoongi invited me out to dinner with him and a few friends. Then he invited me to his house to chat, where he proceeded to ask me to be friends." To my dismay, my voice shakes.

"What?" Min-Jun's voice raises a few octaves.

"I'm sorry, but you're the only person I can talk to about this." My eyes tear up, afraid of how the elderly man will react.

"Okay," on the other end of the line, Min-jun inhales sharply. "You're supposed to be staying professional. You know that, right?" He scolds me.

"How am I supposed to keep saying no to him? He literally showed up at my door to ask me to dinner. Anytime he sees me in public, he stops to talk to me." I whine.

Min-Jun sighs, accepting this is just the way the situation played out. "Though I may not agree with this situation, I recognize that you are both adults with your own free will. Look, just remember he is human, just like you and I. I think you'll be fine. Just keep your interactions with Mr. Min a secret. You are a good person, Kiddo. Don't worry too much."

Relief floods through my body. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Please don't tell anyone I hang out with Yoongi outside of work." I beg.

"Of course. You know me. I also have a confidentiality contract, and I'll consider this a work call." He reassures me.

A small smile appears on my face. "Thank you. I appreciate your help and confidentiality."

"No problem, Kiddo. I just want you to be happy. Just take a deep breath, and you'll feel a little better." With that, he hangs up.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

It's been a week since my call with Min-Jun. Things have been uneventful. I haven't heard anything from Yoongi; he must be busy. After all, he is one of the most famous musicians on the planet—a fact I keep thinking about less and less.