Chapter 7 ║ Welcome to Hogwarts

As we entered the huge room, Great Hall, as they called it, I could feel everyone's eyes on us. But I was too busy to acknowledge that as I was just admiring the beauty of this school.

There were 4 tables divided for the 4 houses. And at the front, there was a table for the professors, facing all four ones. There was no ceiling visible above. Instead, there was the sky, clearly visible. There were so many candles hanging above but without any support. They were just levitating.

The old lady took an oddly weird-looking hat from the stool that was at the centre. She called out the names of the students one by one, making them sit on the stool and placing the hat on their heads.

"Draco Malfoy," she said. Draco went forward and sat on the stool. The hat screamed "Slytherin," even before the hat was on his head.

Lorenzo, Mattheo, Draco, Andrea and Theodore. All of them got into Slytherin. Even my brother and sister were in Slytherin. There is no way I can go to another house all alone. My whole family is Slytherin.

"Nyx Maeve," she said. I went forward nervously and sat on the stool. She kept the hat on my head and the hat started speaking but in a very low voice. "Hmm, interesting, a little bit of everything. Loyal, Intelligent, Ambitious, Resourceful. Where should I put you?" the hat said in a really slow pace and low voice. I don't think anybody else could hear it.

"Please be Slytherin, please be Slytherin," I said keeping my eyes tightly closed. "Better be... Slytherin" the hat shouted.

I opened my eyes. Everyone at the Slytherin table started cheering, especially my friends and my siblings. I was so relieved and happy.

I reached the table and sat beside Andy with Theo on the other side, a huge smile crept on my face as everyone congratulated me.

The sorting ceremony was finally over. The Headmaster explained some rules and gave a small speech.

Apparently, you can neither go to the Forbidden Forest nor the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side.

"With that being said, let the feast begin," he said as the food appeared on the tables. Everyone seemed super excited and happy.

When the feast ended, we were all handed the timetables with our dorm room details.

I and Andy shared a room together in which we squealed together. The boys looked at us and just laughed.

Theo, Lorenzo & Mattheo shared a dorm and Draco shared it with 2 more boys whom he didn't even know. We also had 1 more girl with us in our dorm.

We all were taken to our dorms by our house prefects. We got to the front of an empty wall with a sculpture of a snake at the floor in the dungeons. The prefect spoke the password, "Pureblood," and the snake shifted into an upside down 'U' shape revealing the huge room.

"Whoa, that's so cool." Andy said in amusement.

We entered the room, "All dorms are upstairs. Boys on the right and girls on left. You all must have received your dorm room number I assume. Find it and go in. Curfew hours start from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM. You are not allowed to be found outside the room in those hours. Your luggages and pets, if you have any, have been reached to your dorm. With that being said, have a good night." prefect said.

We all parted ways and reached our dorm. When we entered, I quickly went to Autumn, opening her cage and wrapping her in my arms.

We heard a knock on our door. "That must be the third girl." Andy said opening the door.

There stood a beautiful blond girl with a big smile on her face.

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

A/n: hey there beautiful people...

Let me know what you think of this chapter...

Who do you think is the third roommate?... Write in comments...

If you like this chapter, hit that star button down below...it's free...

Xoxo...❤️😘