Chapter 8 ║ The Riddles!

"Hello, My name's Daphne. Daphne Greengrass." the girl stood there with a gorgeous smile on her face. "Is this dorm no. 06?" she asked.

"Oh yes, you must be our roommate, come on in." Andy welcomed her in.

She entered the room and observed it with awe.

"I'm Nyx Maeve and this is Andrea Nott." I extended my hand for a handshake with a big smile on my face. She smiled.

She shaked it back with the same level of excitement. "Don't worry, we didn't choose our beds yet. Which one do you want?" Andy asked.

"Um, I don't know. I'll be fine with any," she said. "You sure?" Andy confirmed. "Yhea I'm sure. You guys can choose it. I'll take the left." she said.

There were 2 beds side by side and one was on the other side. Each bed had a side table beside it. There was a round common table. There were 2 cupboards for books and luggage. The bathroom was also pretty decent. Not as big as my house but good enough. The first thing you would see when you enter the bathroom is the basin with three drawers underneath. The shower space was covered with glass. Overall, the room was perfect for three.

(A/n: I made a layout of what the room should look like at the end of the chapter...)

"Can I take the single side?" I asked. "Sure. Then I'll take the one on the right and Daphne, you can take the left one." Andy said.

"I think I'm gonna set up my stuff tomorrow as we still have 2 days before our classes start and I'm really tired." Daphne said. "Yeah, me too." Andy said. "Me too," I said.

Daphne and Andy got ready for bed while I set up Autumn's bed and fed her. I took a quick shower and changed into my PJs. We talked for some time and then drifted off to sleep.

~the next day~

I woke up to Autumn sniffing my face. "Haha, stop." I woke up laughing. She jumped from the bed and scratched on the door trying to open it. "I guess you wanna go for a walk. huh," I checked the time and it was 6 in the morning which means it was past the curfew hours.

I put her belt on and got out of the room, roaming in the castle. I reached a beautiful lake while roaming. I sat there staring at the beauty of nature.

The sun rising. The colour of the sky. The reflection of it in the water. The birds chirp.

There was a tree near the lake. I went and sat there under the tree facing the lake, cuddling Autumn.

"They call it the Black Lake." suddenly someone interrupted me from my thoughts.

I turned to see who it was. "Oh, it's you," I said turning back.

"Yeah, it's me. Why, should I go or something?" he asked. "No, I didn't mean it like that. I just thought that I was alone and then you suddenly spoke up so I got scared." I said.

"Well, I'm sorry. Can I sit here?" he asked directioning the space beside me.

"Sure, why not," I replied.

Mattheo came and sat beside me.

"So, what are you doing here early in the morning?" I asked. "Nothing, I was just roaming the school and then I saw you here," he said. "Is this your pet?" he asked stroking Autumn's head. "Yeah, I got her out for a walk so that she doesn't poop in the dorm," I said. He chuckled.

"You know, you're not as bad as I thought," he said facing me. "You know, you're also not rude as I thought." I did the same taking my eyes off Lake to Mattheo, smiling.

"Why would you think I was rude?" he asked with furrowed brows. "The way you weren't talking and didn't show any expression on your face, I thought you were rude and wouldn't talk to anybody other than Draco and Lorenzo," I said.