Chapter 16 ║ Let the Third Year Begin

He finally spoke up,

"I know you'll be with me at all costs. But it's not going to be the same. Not here, not back at the Manor, nowhere. Now, everyone is just going to look up to me as the Son of the Darkest Wizard. I don't know what's gonna happen when we go back. Hell, I don't even know, if Lucius is going to let us stay!" He said with worry and sadness written all over his face.

"It's going to be fine. You, will be fine. And if that Barbie doesn't let you stay, my house doors will always be open for you two," I said referring to Tom and Him.

He gave me a warm smile and hugged me tight.

After some time, we went back and saw everyone on the velvet green couches of the common room. Including Tom.

Mattheo went up to him and asked,

"You already knew it didn't you?"

Tom just looked at him with sorry eyes.

"Well say something!" Mattheo raised his voice a bit.

"Yes, I knew. Okay? I didn't tell you because I did not want to see this look on your face!" Tom said.

There was a long pause before Rune spoke up.

"Well, whatever that has happened, it wasn't you guys' fault. And whatever that's going to happen, I am going to stand by you, with you.

Till the very end,"

"Me too," Sereia joined.

"Me too,"... "Me too,"... Everyone said standing up.

At last, I spoke up,

"Till the very end,"

The Riddle's smiled at us all and there was a beautiful long pause. Just us smiling at each other.

But Filch had to ruin it.

"Come on you wizards and witches. Time to go home. See you next year. Now go grab your stuff."

Everyone groaned and went to their dorms to grab their luggage and came back.

We all reached the train and pulled in for a group hug. It was at that moment, I realised how big our group was. Total of 14.

We all reached our homes and same as last year, we held the Christmas Party.

A week passed and I still hadn't heard anything from Mattheo. So I decided to owl him. I Took the parchment and my ink and started writing...

Hey,
How have you been? I haven't heard from you since the week. I just wanna know if you're okay. Did that blondie barbie do anything? Please just write back to me as soon as you see this.

I miss you Mattheo.

~Nyx

I gave it to our family owl and it flew away.

2 days later, the reply came.

Hey,
I'm sorry, I didn't write to you because I just didn't know what to say.

Yes, I'm fine. Maybe better. And no, he didn't do anything. It was as usual. His usual.

I'm glad at least Draco and Narcissa were not like him.

Also, I am so sorry to tell you. But, I won't be able to come to your Christmas Party. As there will be a lot of people over there. And I can't stand everyone staring at me.

Me and Tom, both won't be coming.

I hope you understand. And also, you won't be hearing from me through letters anymore. I will tell you when we meet again in person.

I miss you more, Night.

~M.R.

I was a little sad to know that but I understand it's hard for him.

The Christmas went fun but it would be a lot better with Tom and Mattheo.

I was super happy to meet him again after a long break. I have missed him so much.

We didn't take the train this time because we were already at the wizard if world as my father had some work.

We were directly apparted there just to see we were earlier than everyone else.

I was waiting for everyone at the Great Hall. And within 15-20 minutes, everyone started filling the room.

Everyone was there except for the only person I was waiting for.

And that is when I noticed their faces.

They were not exactly happy.

I quickly ran towards them,

"Hey, why are your faces so dull?" I asked.

"Nyx, we don't know how to say this but..." Jacob stopped, not being able to form words.

"Well, whatever you have to say, it can wait," -I turned to Tom- "Where's Mattheo?"

He didn't say anything and kept his head down.

It scared me. My brain was running faster than a Cheetah.

Where is he?

Why isn't he here?

Will he come later?

Will he come?

Is he at the manor?

Is he Okay!?!

"That's what I was trying to tell you Nyx. Mattheo isn't here." Jacob said.

"Well, I can see that, Elaborate!" I said with tears eyes.

"Nyx, just sit down, we'll explain everything." Andy started.

"No, tell me where is he! Where is Mattheo? Why isn't he here!?" I said.

"He ran away! Nyx, okay! The night of the Christmas Party, he ran away from the Manor. It's all my fault. I was there but I didn't see him leaving. It is all my fault! All he did was leave a letter saying he couldn't live here with that reputation. I tried to find him. Every single day. I saw every corner of the wizard if world! But I failed. I failed to find him. I failed to be a big brother!" Tom broke down and just left Hall.

I could not believe what I just heard.

It can't be.

How could he?

Why did he?

I could not process it and ran straight out through the corridors. Wherever my legs took me.

And out of all the places at this giant palace, it had to be the place that WE used to hangout at.

The Black Lake.

I sat on our usual log crying as I heard someone say my name...

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

A/n: wasssssuuupppppp...

So, what do you guys think?

Was the drama worth it?

I think I want to change the title of this Chapter...

Comment your ideas...

Best one gets chosen and tagged...

And you know the drill...

Vote and Comment...

Xoxo...❤️❤️❤️