Chapter 15 ║ The Dark Lord is who?

Word count ~ 643

The devastating news of children being found unconscious kept growing.

Yesterday, they got Hermione.

Rumours are that only a true heir of Salazar Slytherin himself could open the Chamber of Secrets. But no one in the school matched that.

At least none known...

After dinner, we all went to the common room...

"Any updates?" Daphne asked.

"No not really. Except for that Pottah and Weasley spreading rumours that I'm the one to open that Chamber," Draco said.

"Well, did you?" Peter asked.

Of course not! Why would you even think that?" Draco said with a disgusted expression.

Mattheo was just lost in his thoughts, sitting beside me.

"You okay?" I whispered to him.

"I don't know, I have a really bad feeling about this," he said with worried eyes.

"You don't have to worry. Just be careful. I really don't want to see you in one of those beds," I said.

Yeah, I will. So do you." he said raising his eyebrows.

We all chatted for a while and then went to beds.

Everything went as usual until we heard the most devastating news of all.

It was the end of the year. The exams were over. Harry, yet again, saved the day. But came back with a news that froze the time for us all.

I rushed to Mattheo's room and knocked hard. Enzo opened it with the same worried look as us all.

"Is he here?" I asked.

"No, I haven't seen him since lunch. I assume you've heard it too." Enzo said.

"Yeah, Neville just told me," I said.

"I'm gonna go find him." I said rushing out.

I searched everywhere. But no sign of him.

Then it struck me.

I'm not sure if it but it's worth a try.

I rushed to the Black Lake... And there he was. Under the tree at our usual spot, facing the lake.

I ran towards him.

"Mattheo," I said in a low voice.

He turned to see me with his watery eyes.

"I assume you've heard that news too," he said turning back.

I sat beside him speechless.

"It's okay. I understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore. I mean who would want to be friends with the Dark Lord's son? But let me tell you one thing. I swear on my life that I did not have any idea of my father being he who must not be named, a killer, a murderer," he said.

"What rubbish are you talking about! Why would I not want to be friends with you! We two have been best friends for almost 2 years now! I don't know why would you even think that!" I said with my voice a bit raised.

"Really," he asked looking at me.

"Yes, you silly! You see this thing," I said talking out my star necklace and pointing at his moon one, "this thing is forever. And there is no power in this world or any other world that can change that. "

A tear rolled over his right cheek. And there was a beautiful moment of silence.

He finally spoke up...

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

A/n: I know this can't be considered as a major cliffhanger but if I wrote until the major cliffhanger, It would be super long.

I write the chapters in my notebook and then write it in Wattpad. And this chapter took 10 pages to write. And when I tell you, my handwriting is sooooo small...

Like, you would actually have to go way too near to read it.

And so, I had to divide the chapter into 2 parts...

And this is just the 4 pages...

But, but, but,

This is the drama I was talking about. At least a part of it, next part is gonna be long and full of drama...

Get ready with your 🍿 and ☕...

Xoxo...😉