Chapter 24 ║ Marina

After dinner everyone went to their dorms but I sneaked out which is my routine for every night.
__________

"Hey. So, how did it go? Did you miss me over the break?" Marina said.

"It went really good. But there were times when I missed you. How about you? Did you explore the lake?"

*Flashback*

I was writing my journal like everyday near the Black Lake. I come here everyday like me and Mattheo used to. I still have hope that someday again, we two will be here together. And I am going to scold him. Punch him. And tell him Everything he missed out.

Suddenly I saw a weird splash in the water.

Weird.

It happened again.

I went nearer. And there was a baby mermaid stuck between the two rocks.

"Oh my-"

As I was going nearer to her, she was trying more and more to escape. Maybe she was scared.

"Don't be scared. I'm here to help you."

As soon as I lifted the rock from her tail, she tried to run as fast as possible. But failed, she was hurt. Her tail was bleeding.

I took her hand and calmed her down.

Eventually, I think she started trusting me as she did not try to run- I mean swim away.

"You're bleeding. Will you allow me to help you?"

She nodded.

I took her to my room, and filled the bathtub with warm water.

It was late, so Andy and Daph were fast asleep.

I put her in and washed the blood off of her.

"Stay here, I'll be right back okay." I said to her and went to the drawer underneath the sink.

There it was, the first aid kit. Never thought I'd use it, but my mother made me keep it.

"Thank you mother" I mumbled.

I let her swim for some time in the warm water and then as I couldn't band aid her, cuz then she can't touch the water, so I just put some healing cream over her bruise, which I don't think is from the rocks.

Suddenly, i heard the bathroom door open.

Shit, I forgot to lock it.

I turned around, ready to give whoever is there to give an explanation.

Oh! It's crazy how much cats can do.

"Autumn, you scared the shit out of me."

She didn't even sniff the Mermaid. She just came and sat beside me.

I locked the doors this time, and tried to talk to her.

"Hey, can you speak?"

"Yes"

"Oh my-, how did you end up there?"

"My family-" her face saddened a bit "-We were attacked." All I could do was pity that innocent face, and that squeaky but calmly beautiful voice.

"We were migrating from our kingdom, when our enemies attacked us. I don't know where my family is, I got hit by a trident, and ended up in that lake when two kids were playing with the rocks. They were trying to throw rock as far as possible, in the lake. But one ended up right in my wound."

"I'm really sorry. The healing cream that I applied on you, is one of the fastest way to heal a wound so, you'll be swimming like a pro within two days."

"By the way, my name's Nyx." I added.

"Marina"

She smiled.

*Flashback end*

After that, she's become one of my best friend. We accompany each other every night.

"You've grown up so fast. Last time I saw you, you were looking my age." I said.

"Yes, we grow faster than Humans or Wizards." She said.

It's so good to hear that beautiful voice again.

We sat there and talked for a while. Until it was curfew hour.

I went back and slept cuddled up with autumn.

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

A/n: just when she doesn't have any less friends...💀💀

Nyx is totally opposite of me...lol 😂

But, hope you liked the chapter.

Make sure to vote and comment your thoughts.