Chapter 10 ║ Got Myself a Best Friend

I woke up way too early due to excitement for today's classes. It was the first time I'd be studying magic.

Professionally.

It was 5 in the morning so I couldn't even go outside due to curfew. So I decided to get ready.

I hopped into the shower and took a warm bath. I got out, brushed my teeth and made my hair the way Sereia teached me. I put on my uniform and got out just to see that it's only been half an hour.

I decided to sit in the common room.

I was sketching random things in my sketchbook when... "What are you doing so early here, Night?" I heard a voice behind me.

I quickly hid my sketchbook and turned. "Merin, you scared me, Mattheo," I said with a sigh.

~glimpse of dinner the night before~

"So, Nyx. Quite a unique name. Is there a story behind it or something..." Mattheo said as we all were chatting.

"Um, no not really. My parents just tend to like ethereal names. My name means Night. Rune means a letter of the ancient Germanic alphabet. And Sereia means Mermaid." I said.

"Wow, I think I'm gonna call you Night," he said smirking.

~Glimpse over~

He laughed under his breath and sat beside me on the Velvet couch. "You didn't answer my question," he said looking up.

"Oh, I just got super excited for today and woke early," I said.

"What about you?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm not much of a sleeper so..."

"Why, if I may ask," I asked worriedly getting closer to him.

He looked around to check if anyone was there. But what do you expect, it's 5:40 in the morning. There was no one besides us.

"You know, in the 2 days I've spent here, you are the only one I feel is a best friend to me. I don't like talking to people much, but with you, I feel like I can share anything, Night," he said with a slight smile on his face.

I smiled at his words. "Of course, you can tell me anything. I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw you, I felt like we would never get along. But after talking to you at the Black Lake, I felt that we could be the best of friends." His smile got bigger at my words.

"Remember when I said I was in a bad mood on the train?" he started.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, it was because of Lucius."

"Malfoy?"

"Yeah. I... My... Um... Father, Tom Marvolo Riddle, I've never seen him in my life. Yes, Tom was named after him.

As Tom says, Father has gone for some work and we had to live with the Malfoys for the time being. He's not come back ever since.

I've never seen him. The only father figure I've had was Tom. He took care of me just like a father would, I think.

Lucius never says it, but he feels me and Tom as a burden on him. It's like he doesn't like to keep us at his house but has to for some reason.

He would always make sure that whatever we had, Draco would have it too. Maybe even more sometimes.

On the other hand, Narcissa never made me feel that way. She would treat us all equally, as her own."

He seemed relieved to finally get that out of his chest. I smiled and hugged him. "Well, now at least you wouldn't have to see him all year due to school."

"Yeah. I guess so." he said pulling apart.

"Why did you say you aren't much of a sleeper? I there a particular reason?"

"I... Um..." he hesitated.

"You don't have to tell me if-" he cut me off.

"No, it's silly. Really. It's just I see a woman screaming for help in my dreams every night. I can not sleep at the thought of seeing her again. So, I just choose to stay awake." he said with his head down.

"Did you tell anyone about it? Maybe Tom?" I asked worriedly.

"No, I never felt like I could share it to anyone except you."

"Well, you can share anything to me. Your secret's safe with me. And if you ever need a friend, you can always come to me.

I will Always be there for you Mattheo." I said smiling a bit.

He lifted his face up and smiled and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back even tighter.

We sat there in silence for some time. Not an awkward silence, but a beautiful moment of peace.

It was around 6:45 AM when people started to come out. We went back to wake our friends and went for breakfast at 7:30 as our classes start at 8:30.

The classes went amazing as expected. I surprisingly knew all the general knowledge questions they asked. I was a little shocked that no one else knew it except for one other girl named Hermione Granger.

She seemed super smart and knowledgable.

It think I got myself a competitor here.

But more than that,

I got myself a Best Friend.

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

A/n: sup people...

What do you think of this chapter?

Who do you think the woman is???

If you like this chapter, click that star button...

Xoxo...😘😘😘