chapter 11

The rest of the school year passed by relatively quickly in Harry's opinion. Flitwick and Slughorn remained the only tutors that Harry liked, he was rather neutral on the others, except for a few. One of which was Binns but that was mostly because he nearly caused Harry to fall asleep and ruin his sleeping pattern.

But he got over it for the most part when he realised that he could just read whatever he wanted in class and Binns wouldn't care. So every History lesson he just ignored Binns and either read a history book or a book on another subject.

McGonagall appeared to be trying to avoid Harry as she would rarely ever look at him and would occasionally see him and walk in the opposite direction when they walked in the same hallway. In one class she straight up refused to look at him and a couple of times when he raised his hand to answer questions but then she would let Hermione Granger answer and that pissed Harry off for a couple of reasons.

First of all, if she didn't want Harry to answer the question then she should've said instead of having him waste his time, second of all he and Hermione Granger put their hands up for every question so he knew that it wasn't a one off and third of all he was tired of seeing Granger's smug face smirking at him every time she answered a question instead of him.

Harry, unlike Granger didn't see the whole thing as some sort of competition but he was rather pissed off because now Granger would think she's better than him and he could tell that this was going to cause more headaches for him.

"Bitch" Harry covered his mouth and coughed as McGonagall walked past him

"Did you say something Mr Potter?" She turned to him

"I coughed Professor" Harry said as he coughed again

"Of course" She said with a look that said she clearly didn't believe him

"He did cough Professor" Delphi said from next to him. McGonagall stared at the two for several seconds before walking off.

Later after the class finished Harry and Delphi walked out only to be followed by Hermione Granger.

"So" Hermione said with a smug voice "I couldn't help but notice that I answered all the questions and you answered none of them"

"Only because McGonagall was avoiding Harry" Delphi pointed out "probably because you called her a bitch" She added to Harry

"If she can't handle a few swears then she is not someone who should work in a school" Harry replied

"You shouldn't swear, especially at teachers!" Hermione said

"You shouldn't be talking to me, yet here you are" Harry countered

"I don't know why you have to be so rude, you're the boy-who-lived, you should be better behaved than this!"

"Tell me Granger, have people ever willingly hanged out with you or did your parents need to pay them to spend time with you?" Harry asked

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Hermione demanded

"It means that nobody wants to be your friend, I would've thought that somebody like you would be able to work it out." Harry said with a fake smile

"I can get friends if I want"

"Imaginary or animals that you'll trap in a cage so they can't run away from you?"

"I'll tell McGonagall!" Hermione threatened

"Oh and what is she going to do?" Harry asked, not the slightest bit scared "Is she going to take points that I don't care about? Put me in a detention that I won't go to? Suspend or expel me from a school that I don't want to attend? How scary...wait...not. Seriously Granger, back off my case, bad enough that you I have to be in close proximity to you, I don't want to hear you either"