chapter 55

"I am sorry," Harry said as he sat on the hospital bed with Narcissa sat next to him. "I really am."

"You're not sorry that he's dead," Narcissa replied. "you're just sorry about how it makes me feel."

"I'd be a liar if I said that wasn't true." Harry responded. "I didn't like your son, not at all. He was too much like his father, I tried scaring it out of him but he reverted back into old Lucius. I would've preferred not to kill him for your sake but..."

"It's not your fault, I tried my best with Draco but even as a child he did his best to copy his father." Narcissa said with tears dripping out her eyes. "Today might have been the day that he died but it was not the day that I lost my son, I am afraid that that happened as soon as his father laid eyes on him for the first time."

"Do you want to kill me?" Harry asked in a calm voice.

"I feel like I should," Narcissa admitted. "but no...no I shall not. I...do forgive you...I understand what you have done and why you've done it. I hate several people at the moment, my parents for making me marry that idiot and that idiot for what he has done to both of our families, I don not hate you...despite what you've done. However I don't think I can handle this at the moment...I'd just like some time away to..."

"It's alright, I understand." Harry gently interrupted. "You...you are a good mother, and not one that needs to be ashamed, if you want to take some time then do so."

"Thank you, thank you Harry."

"You're family, you don't need to thank me."

"I will do so anyway," Narcissa said, she stood up and planted a kiss on his forehead. "you are a brilliant boy, despite all you've been through you are a good son. I think your mother would be proud and I know that Bellatrix is. Goodbye Harry."

"Harry," Sirius said as he entered the hospital room later, a few minutes after Narcissa had gone, while holding a black bag. "I'm sorry but we currently have the usual 'good news-bad news' situation." S

"Of course, Merlin forbid there ever be only good news." Harry said as he rolled his eyes. "What's the good news?"

"Well the good news is that the whole mess with Malfoy junior has been smoothed over, not that they could arrest you anyway, plus you're allowed to leave now. The healers said you're all fine."

"That's good, just give me a moment." Harry said as he closed his eyes.

"What are you doing?" Sirius asked.

"just enjoying my moment of peace before you ruin it with the bad news." Harry explained.

"Ah," Sirius nodded in understanding. "I get it."

"Brilliant," Harry sighed before turning to Sirius. "alright what's the bad news? Are we being attacked by Libra?"

"No, not Libra." Sirius shook his head.

"Death eaters?"

"No, not them either. In fact it's not even an attack or anything that will probably require physical violence."

"What is it then?"

"Minister Fudge wants to meet with you." Sirius explained.

"Why the fuck does he want to meet with me?" Harry asked.

"Well partly because he will want to talk to you about Libra and the death eaters and such."

"Partly?" Harry asked, instantly picking up on Sirius's choice of words.

"Well Fudge is not the sort of minister you would want when under the threat of Voldemort and it's quite frankly been amazing that he's been able to hold on to his job for so long but it's clear that soon they're going to try and throw him out and replace him with a new minister."