chapter 63

James yawned as he entered the kitchen, he found his father and Fleur awake and eating breakfast while reading the newspaper. James was not entirely sure what he was supposed to call Fleur, was he supposed to say 'mum' or 'mother' or something else? James's didn't really like the last person who tried to make him call her mum, she wasn't really nice to him, but Fleur was.

"Are you going to just keep standing there?" Harry asked, looking at James, James blushed before quickly sitting down. He was sat opposite Fleur and on Harry's left seeing as Harry was sat at the end of the table. Food on a plate along with a glass of juice appeared thanks to the house elves.

"Thank you." James whispered before he began eating, he occasionally glanced at his dad and Fleur, but the two seemed content to also just enjoy their meal in silence so he didn't say anything. "I'm finished." James said once he was done. Harry looked at his plate, once he was satisfied that James had eaten a sufficient amount he gently pushed the cup glass into James's hands, he knew that James still hadn't got out of the habit of waiting for permission to eat and then permission to drink but hopefully that would stop sooner rather than later.

"Thank you." James said before he began gulping down his juice, but he stopped when Harry placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Drink slower," Harry replied. "nobody is going to steal your food here."

"S'rry." James mumbled before slowly drinking and taking his time, once he was done he placed his cup down. "Finished." He said in a quiet voice.

"Good," Harry said before he moved the plate and cup out of the way for him, as Harry did that James finally took a good look at the newspaper, he saw the headline which had read 'Fenrir Greyback killed by Harry Potter'. His eyes became comically wide at that, he remembered who Greyback was.

"James, are you alright?" Fleur asked in a concerned voice as she frowned, realization hit her eyes when she saw James looking at the newspaper.

"Kid?" Harry asked as he looked at him.

"You...killed Greyback?" James asked as he gestured to the newspaper. Harry, though calm on the outside, did a mental curse. He was not qualified to explain this shit to a child.

"Yes," Harry sighed. "yes I did."

"He's the man who scratched your face," James said quietly, preparing himself just in case Harry got angry. "is...is that why you killed him?

"No, well it's one reason but it's not the main reason."

"Why then?"

"Because he hurt you kid." Harry answered, surprising James. "You are my family and nobody is allowed to hurt you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to kill someone if they slap you or poke you or something like that. But if someone hurts you like how Greyback hurt you then they're going to pay."

"James," Fleur said in a soft voice. "Greyback was a very dangerous man, he was hurting a lot of people, Arry did what he did to stop him from hurting you and other people again. Do you understand?"

"I...I think so." James nodded.

"Good," Fleur smiled, she stood up and waked around the table to James and held her hand out. "come with me." She said, "I have a surprise for you."

"What kind of surprise?"

"One that I think you will like." Fleur replied. "Come on."

"Do as she says kid." Harry said as he stood up, James took the hint and stood up before grabbing Fleur's hand and allowing her to lead him away into another room. "Should be awake by now." Harry commented.