chapter 48

"I can't take it!" One death eater said as he and his friends found themselves sitting around a table, bottles in one hand and wands in the other. "I can't keep looking over my shoulder every five minutes to see if Potter I here to kill us!"

"I know." Another death eater nodded in agreement. "I'm starting to think that the dark lord should've accepted Potter's offer. I mean it made sense, even if Potter was just a useless brat it is still one less person in our way."

"Yeah but he didn't want to act like a kid scared him." A third death eater spoke. "If he accepted then it would look like he was scared of Potter."

"What?! So our lives aren't worth his image?"

"Shut it! What if the dark lord finds out you've been saying those things?! He'd kill you!"

"But still, that's our choice now?! Be killed by the dark lord or be killed by Potter?!"

"We could kill Potter." Another suggested.

"Good luck with that." A voice said, their heads snapped in the direction of the voice and their eye widened when they saw a pair of green eyes looking down at them.

"Something must be done about this!" Dumbledore demanded as he sat in a meeting with Amelia Bones and Minister Fudge. "We cannot allow Mr Potter to do this."

"Dumbledore," Amelia Bones gave out a tired sigh. "I've checked the law several times, it is one of the oldest laws around. As old as the statue of secrecy, older in fact. If we remove this law, which we can't, then it opens up the possibility of removing over laws like the law that allows every magical child to own a wand and to attend school and even basic rights."

"But surely something could be done Amelia." Fudge frowned.

"I'm afraid not, besides I don't entirely believe it's in our best interest to do so."

"What do you mean?" Fudge asked.

"Think of it this way, Harry Potter is merely sixteen years of age and has only trained with Libra for a few years according to his story. We've seen how dangerous he is, we've seen how dangerous other members of Libra are. If we remove the law by some miracle then they might retaliate and I doubt we'd all be able to survive a full scale attack from them plus the death eaters."

"N...no," Fudge paled and shook his head. "no we cannot." He said as several memories came into his head, some from the fight at the quidditch world cup and some from the battle between Harry Potter and Voldemort plus Harry Potter killing Dolores. He did not want to imagine what would happen if an army of soldiers like him began attacking magical Britain.

"Besides, I think it's good that something is finally being done about the death eaters." Amelia added, shocking the other two men.

"But Amelia, you surely can't be supporting this!" Dumbledore said with disbelief.

"I don't like it but it's not breaking the law and it's finally dealing with problems that should've been dealt with years ago." Amelia answered. "The death eaters should've been dealt with before Potter was even born. But thanks to bribing," She briefly glanced at Fudge before continuing "limited aurors with limited power and the inability or unwillingness to do something the problem has gotten worse than it should have."

"But Amelia, the boy killed Dolores." Fudge protested.

"Dolores? I assume you are referring to Umbridge, the bigot who nobody besides you liked and happened to have a 'lovely' habit of selling children?" Amelia countered. "You will need to come up with something better than that. Nobody is mourning Umbridge, in fact if you paid attention then you would realise that most people actually liked the fact that she was gone.