chapter 39

Harry wasn't really enjoying himself at the moment, he challenged anyone to enjoy themselves while listening to a bunch of assassins decide their fate. As of the moment the assassins had brought out a pensive and Harry had to place his memory of the fight at the quidditch world cup in. While they viewed the memory Harry took the opportunity to assess the situation. He was currently in a court room set up, there were at least ten betas for security.

In front of him was the judge's stand, at the top of the stand was three judges. These weren't your standard Libra assassins, they had the same mask but they were different. The three wore black robes, the one on the left had short brown and spiky hair, his mask had a round air symbol on the forehead, the one next to him was female judging by the shape of her body and the long blonde hair, she had a similar symbol but hers was of Earth. Next to her was a man with a mask that had a water symbol and, funnily enough, red hair. These weren't betas, omegas or deltas, they were alphas.

Harry couldn't help but feel intimidated, even though he didn't show it. There were very few alphas in Libra and they were rarely ever seen. It was always made clear that the alphas were to be respected, even the betas had spoken their names with the utmost respect along with fear. He didn't know how strong they were but it was very clear that they were the you-know-who's of Libra. The memory had just finished and the three alphas looked at him.

"Here it shows that you clearly attacked and killed your fellow Libra brother and sisters" The Earth alpha said.

"Why did you do it?" The water alpha asked.

"People I cared about were in danger" Harry answered honestly "if they weren't then I would've left you all alone and stayed out of the way."

"I see" The air alpha replied "when and why did you leave Libra?"

"When I was six, I left Libra because I no longer trusted Libra" Harry replied.

"No longer trust Libra?" The earth alpha repeated.

"You see you all accuse me of being the one to abandon the cause but I think Libra was the one that abandoned it first" Harry responded as he looked straight at them, head facing up and shoulders out "Libra means balance, yes we work as assassins but we no longer kept the balance. The last time I went on a mission the beta that I was with unnecessarily took lives. Then when the 'incident' happened when I was six he tried to kill me. I ran and I was free. You see, Libra tried to control me and I hated that. I hate being controlled, when I escaped I vowed never to be controlled again."

"Hmm" The air alpha took a few seconds to digest what harry had just said "you do know the consequences for the crimes you have committed" It wasn't phrased as a question, nor was it meant as one.

"Death, yes I know" Harry nodded.

"Is there anything you wish to say?" The water alpha asked.

"Please don't" Harry said simply

"Don't?" The earth alpha repeated.

"If you had asked me a while back then I would've let you kill me, I expected death for so long" Harry confessed "I was ready to die. But then...then I started...caring. I found people that I care about...and now I will do anything to protect them and help them. I don't care if I have to defeat Voldemort or the three of you, I will survive for them" Harry finished with no doubt in his voice.

The three alphas were not sure how to react to this, none of the other lower ranks were willing to talk to them like that. They also knew that, despite the boy's power, there was no chance of him beating all three of them, that's why they didn't even bother with handcuffs, yet he spoke with such determination that they thought it possible for a second. They were about to speak again when the sound of wings interrupted, Harry also heard the sound and for a second the briefly wondered if he would need to teach Shadow to learn how to stay when he saw it was not Shadow and in fact a messenger eagle.