2

Taylor gave Grace a ride to the airport with her driver, she kissed her in the backseat like she needed to make up for lost time and she did. Grace mumbled apologies into it until she was blue in the face and Taylor told her to politely shut up and kiss her properly.

She definitely kissed her properly. The driver was extremely uncomfortable the entire time.

Grace didn't want their first real kiss again to be in front of the cameras but right after burning the wedding dress, she did pull Taylor into a hug and felt kisses on her skin as she did so. Little expressions of intimacy, plastered on her face with genuine love.

They said goodbye in the drop off area, Taylor admitted that she could use a couple days with friends in London to get her head straight and Grace had settling in to do so it was best they take some time apart. She could see in her mannerisms that Grace was struggling not to drink, she was slightly more shaky, and she didn't want to complicate that anymore than she already had.

The one thing they could both agree on was that it felt so much better to no longer have those troubled months lingering over them like they had, Taylor and Grace had never felt so much relief.

Grace hated flying coach, she'd only done it a few times with Parker in an emergency and it was so much more exhausting to navigate without her helper. She already missed him dearly.

He was going golfing the next day with Mathers and to Grace, that felt completely appropriate.

She did not sleep on the plane. People recognized her, she could feel the eyes. It didn't help that the news had been playing at the gate or that someone sitting next to her was reading a hot off the press newspaper with the faxed over documents.

She had never been so glad to see a near stranger in her life until she saw Amber and Gracie wave to her after she picked up her bag. She didn't have much to keep in terms of clothes and Parker had promised to mail the couple small boxes of photos and trinkets.

"Say hi to Auntie Grace," Amber told the little girl softly. She buried her face in her mother's neck to play shy, "Hey, you ready to go?"

"Yes, thank you for picking me up," Grace pulled the handle on her suitcase and it did not simply extend but rather it came right out with a snap, "Oh."

"You've got that thing Michael's got, don't you? Where if something is going to go wrong, it will?" She chuckled.

"I hope not."

Once Amber helped her reattach the pull handle on her luggage and load it into the car, she passed her a phone, "That's for you. It's got all the numbers you should need. The guys from work, Mike, my dad and me. Local number, unlimited nationwide call and text. There's also poison control and a few other emergency services right in your contacts... I learned the hard way with your brother."

Grace examined it, "I have a phone."

"With a London number that probably got cut off after yesterday, It's ninety dollars a month and you can transfer your pictures and data onto the new one."

"Thank you," she sunk in her seat, it was a little more uncomfortable than she remembered. Amber's truck smelled like old french fries and she had no idea that was what she was smelling, all she knew was that it wasn't pleasant.

"What's up?" The blonde asked knowingly.

"I did something bad."

"Does it have anything to do with the international pop superstar you were photographed with last night?" Her sponsor chuckled, "Girl, I've got social media. They're trying to decide on a ship name for you two."