9

"If you call in sick, we can stay in bed and keep binge watching movies," Taylor whispered as she tried to coax Grace to just go back to sleep. She didn't want to drive Grace all the way back to Glenville, it sounded torturous to watch her girlfriend fight off a cold in the passenger seat and then drive back three hours to leave her there.

"I have a job," Grace didn't fight the gentle thumb brushing her cheekbone, "I should go to my job and back to meetings."

"I know but you're sick and it makes me sad," Taylor pouted, she knew she would be falling behind on her own responsibilities when the illness inevitably settled into her body in a few days, "I want to take care of you, even on your dreary Monday's."

"I love you," Grace smiled weakly, "Five more minutes and then we should leave."

"My love, you're still in your pyjamas," by pyjama's, Taylor meant her underwear because she had been sweating like crazy with a fever.

"That's why I said five," Grace mumbled as she dug back into the covers with her hands. She brought the duvet over her face until it touched just below her eyes and closed them again.

Taylor knew Grace did actually mean it when she said she needed to get back to work and her life, she packed her suitcase up for her and made a road trip bag of light snacks and plenty of fluids and tissues. She laid out a change of clothes on the counter in the bathroom and then went back into the bedroom and started to brush the sweaty strands of hair off of Grace's forehead.

"C'mon, you," Taylor cooed as Grace's nose crinkled from being woken up, "I'll wash your hair before we go, how about that?"

"No energy," the former heiress replied, "Therefore, I repudiate the request to stand up."

"But you're not sick, right?"

"Correct."

"Uh-huh," Taylor pulled the blanket off and tickled Grace's bare abdomen softly, "I can pick you up, don't make me."

"I would be better off if you did," Grace smiled a little, she knew what she was doing. She somewhat wanted her to, she liked it.

Taylor chuckled as she finally got Grace to get up. The brunette walked towards the bathroom and took one look in the mirror before she shut her eyes and covered them dramatically.

"You allow me look like that?" Grace moved the hands from her eyes to Taylor's. She thought she looked worse than she felt and she felt pretty fucking terrible at the moment, despite swearing she was not under the weather.

Taylor removed Grace's palms from her face and then wrapped her arms around the younger woman's waist from behind her to help her stay upright, "Even sick, you're so, so, so beautiful."

"Shh," Grace shut her eyes again, it was hard to keep them open, "I'm too tired to flirt back."

"You're my favourite person on the entire planet," the singer kissed her shoulder, "Do you want to drive on the way home?"

"It's incredibly impudent of you to offer that right now," Grace cracked a smile, "Yes, I do want that."

"That really sucks for you then."

"Brat."

"Ha," Taylor chuckled drily almost immediately after Grace's response, "So... Let's get you cleaned up."

Grace slept almost the entire drive. About two-thirds of the way back, she woke up and looked at where they were, "Darling?"

"Yeah?" Taylor turned her indicator on to pass a car in the left lane.

"Thank you for taking care of me. I'm sorry it was not a good weekend."

"I had a good weekend," Taylor reassured her with a hand on her thigh. She squeezed it softly before she added, "Go back to sleep."