43

They rode back to the apartment in separate cars at separate times. Grace didn't stick around for the rep room like she usually did, cleaning up Taylor's stuff in the dressing room so they could leave afterwards and go back to whatever hotel or house they were staying in. She got into the car she'd taken there, actually appreciating having a second driver instead of having to sit through traffic alone, and got ready for bed in the apartment after checking her emails one last time.

Taylor got home two and a half hours later and saw the corridor light on. She quickly said hello to their cats and made her way upstairs to the bedroom where she hoped Grace would be asleep on her side of the bed. The room was empty still but she knew Grace hadn't gone to Amber's yet, her keys were in the bowl at the door. She got ready for bed, slipping on a tee and some fresh underwear before padding to the guest room and turning the handle.

Whether Grace wanted her to be there or not, Taylor didn't know, but she wanted to sleep in the same room. The creak of the hardwood in the doorway of the bedroom alerted Grace of someone's presence and she opened her eyes to see the blonde's silhouette walking towards her.

"Please," was all Taylor said. Grace scooted over in the mattress and opened the blanket up, allowing her a place to settle before she wrapped her arm around Taylor's body and held her close.

Grace didn't say anything as they shared a pillow. She could feel Taylor's unsteady breathing against her so she moved her hand until she could locate her partner's and squeezed it inside her own with the hope that it would bring some comfort to her. She laid like that for a moment more until Taylor wiggled again and Grace found herself awake because of it.

"Darling, hold still or we cannot cuddle," Grace pressed a kiss to Taylor's shoulder and the blonde sighed longingly.

"I'm sorry," Taylor replied softly.

"It's okay, love," Grace murmured against her shirt still. She gently moved some of Taylor's hair out of the way with her other hand right before the blonde turned around in her arms.

"Are we okay? I know you're mad," her blue eyes still looked so blue in the dark, so scared.

"We'll be just fine," Grace had calmed down quite a lot in the quiet of the apartment now that she knew Michael was safe, "I told you not to worry about this, we can talk about it tomorrow. You need rest."

"I can't sleep without talking about it."

"What is there to speak about?" Grace asked calmly, "You got mad at me and even after I told you I was not okay, you iced me out and punished me with silence for what? He called me and needed help, I went to help him, and then you got angry. I- I don't understand what you think was going on, did you think I was going to go and try illegal drugs for fun? If you're weren't on stage I would have talked to you about it first but I didn't want to worry you and if it wasn't the middle of the night I would have taken him straight to a facility but you can't just knock on the door and book a room like a hotel! They have to have space and you have to make sure the treatment is suitable for the person."

"I was scared," Taylor admitted as she choked back a sob, "I don't know what I would do if you were- you were like that. I don't know what I'm doing now and I saw him react like that and I got so scared for you and your sobriety and I don't have a good excuse for shutting you out. I just need to know if we'll be okay."

"We'll be okay if you think we'll be okay," she put her palm on Taylor's cheek and wiped away a stray tear.

"It's all in my head, maybe."

"Don't do that," Grace frowned, "Don't do that, your feelings are valid even if I think they're partially unjustified."

"Are you still going upstate?" Taylor tried to shake away the negative thoughts in her mind, "Please don't go, I know this is hard but please don't go."