26

"Ah!" Taylor was standing in the doorway of the office they were sharing just screaming. Shriek after shriek, hopping up and down on the tips of her toes as Grace repeated the scream back to her.

"Breathe!" Grace smiled widely. Taylor's freaking out was absolutely justified in her opinion because in less than a minute, reputation would be out for the world to hear.

It had leaked online but the team had done their best to keep Taylor from seeing that to its full extent. They knew how much pressure she had put on that moment which is why she insisted that she and Grace be alone when the clock struck midnight. Not even her mother was there, which was new and strange but she felt less vulnerable with only Grace with her.

"Is it stupid if I admit that I am completely freaking out right now?" Taylor walked closer to Grace and then spun on her heels again in an anxious pace.

"Anything you say or feel is valid, my darling," Grace slumped into her hand as she watched Taylor go back and forth from the door to the desk. Did Taylor really think Grace couldn't tell? Even the former heiress was panicking on the inside.

"That's so cute but stop! Now is not the time to validate my feelings, it is the time to completely fucking panic," Taylor checked the countdown again and realized there was only five seconds left.

"Three... two... one. Baby, your sixth album is out," Grace had counted it out softly and watched Taylor's face turn into a smile, "Give me a word."

"What?" Taylor looked at her, "It's not the time for anything word related! You're a thesaurus, find one!"

"Give me a word," Grace reached forward and pulled Taylor onto her lap in the desk chair. It was clear to Grace that Taylor needed a moment of distraction.

"What kind of word?" She fought it only briefly and then made herself comfortable as she waited for Grace's explanation.

"The love of my life has just done something monumental in her career and I have this overwhelming sense of joy and love," Grace explained. She knew exactly what word she was looking for, none of the synonyms would be appropriate.

"Panic?"

"Taylor," Grace chuckled with amusement, "I'm so proud of you."

"Ah!" Taylor got off Grace's lap and began to pace again following her low scream, "Fucking fuck! I'm freaking out, don't give me butterflies!"

"Oh gee, I'm so sorry," Grace replied sarcastically with a wide smile, "I'm not getting a wink of sleep tonight, am I?"

"Not a chance!"

Five minutes later, Tree was calling Grace instead of Taylor. The brunette picked up the call and held it to her ear, Taylor was still trying to work her nerves out with weird movements and pacing.

"I can check that, yes," Grace pressed the device between her ear and shoulder and began to type something on her laptop. She paused as she did it and furrowed her eyebrows, "Your information is correct."

"What are you hacking?" Taylor asked over her shoulder. Grace quickly cleared the screen and looked in the corner of her eye, "Was that iTunes?"

"You are number one on their ranking," Grace said while still on the call. Taylor furrowed her eyebrows, "It is a record. Fastest artist to do that- that's what Tree is saying. She wanted me to check that it wasn't an error, that it was really working properly before she told you."

"It's only been eight minutes," Taylor gulped.

"You did it in six, Tay."

"Shut up," Taylor covered her mouth. She was so nervous about how the album would be received and had run through so many possibilities in her mind except the positive ones. Except the ones where her true, real fans still accepted her with open arms and stayed up until all hours of the morning to hear her truest confessions to date.