15

Michael did not take the news of Grace moving out all that well. She had only been there about five weeks and after seven years apart, it felt far too soon for her to go. Especially with only a days notice over the phone, she would be there the next day to gather her few things.

He made her promise to go to meetings as often as she could, to call all of the time and come visit him and the family. He also promised to call when the investigator he had hired to look into Eleanor came back with details, they had yet to reach out to her.

She teared up when Amber said she would miss her so much but she sobbed when Gracie clung onto her and asked why she was so sad. In the end, Grace knew that while she loved spending time with them, that wasn't the place for her to find what she wanted out of life.

It wasn't a small town with a job that didn't excite her that she wanted. She wanted to get good coffee without weird Alan around, to have weekends without six hours in the car just to see the person she wanted to be with all of the time. She wanted to pick cat hair off her clothes more often and all of that steered her to believe that Taylor's was the place she belonged.

They got back from Glenville and Taylor's security brought up Grace's boxes and suitcases for them. Taylor stood on the sidewalk as they unloaded the last bag and told them to put it in the entryway of the apartment.

The blonde put her hands on her hips as she looked up at the building, "You think it will do?"

"I hope so," the younger woman put her arm around Taylor's shoulder, "Let's get you off the street. People are staring."

Taylor took Grace's hand and led her towards the elevator. They'd been in that apartment so many times and still, they were bustling with excitement as Taylor pulled a set of keys out of her pocket and handed it to Grace, "These are yours."

"I get keys?" Grace probably shouldn't have been surprised by that.

"Are you only ever going to come home or leave at the same time as me?" Taylor chuckled, "They're yours. There's keys for the front door of my other houses too, just in case we go there. I even labeled them for you."

Grace waited until the last guy bringing stuff up the freight elevator said that was everything and Taylor gave him a tip as a thank you. When the door was shut and locked behind them, she gently wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's shoulders and thanked her.

It was with such a genuine gratefulness in her voice that it almost made Taylor tear up. She knew Grace had been needing more from her life, but she didn't think that moving her few boxes in would have such an effect, "I love you."

"I love you more," Grace squeezed tighter until Taylor tickled her sides and shrugged her off as politely as she could manage, "I will begin my unpacking, if that's okay?"

"I'll give you a hand," Taylor offered. She was the first to pick up the suitcase full of clothes and carry it up the stairs towards the master bedroom, "Which side of the closet do you want?"

"I do not know," the brunette admitted with a shrug, "I only have eight tops, ten bottoms and two dresses."

Taylor unzipped the bag and looked inside, "That's it?"

"I donated all my clothes even before I donated all my belongings. Ophelia packed me a couple outfits and Amber gave me what was left of her things from before she had Gracie. According to her, sometimes your hips just don't go back to how they were."

"The horror," Taylor teased Grace when she noticed the slightly distraught tone and expression that came with that comment, "I know you said no before, but honey, you can't have this little stuff so let me get you some clothes. Consider it paid in the clothes you once bought me and good sex."