31

Grace walked back into their apartment on the snowy and cold morning two days before Christmas Eve and immediately changed into her strictly indoor crocs. They were a soft hue of pink with cat charms popped into the exact same holes on each foot so they were symmetrical.

Taylor was packing her bag to take to Michael's for Christmas. Since they had spent Thanksgiving with her family, they only thought it was fair and trade off the holiday. Taylor would still be able to call her parents and celebrate with them from afar but it was Grace's first Christmas that she wasn't stuck with the Kent's traditions and having Michael back in her life so she was more than willing to compromise.

She couldn't wait for Grace to finally have the true Christmas experience she had never gotten. She had been calling Amber since her birthday just to make sure things would be perfect, and she was sure they would be.

"Hi, darling," Grace walked into their bedroom with a piece of paper in her hands, "Are you able to talk and pack?"

"For sure. How did it go?" Taylor glanced at her and the paper and knew what the answer was before she even finished asking. Grace had her last appointment with her psychologist that morning, just in time for them to head upstate for the week. They were going to be sharing the tiny guest room they had been forced to paint blue because Amber said no one should be in a hotel for the holidays.

"I don't think I need to say it."

"I would like you to say it."

"I have ADHD," Grace pursed her lips together as Taylor met her eyes, "As we both thought."

"Yeah," Taylor said as she folded a shirt and placed it on top of the stack, "When they called me to talk about your behaviour it really sealed the deal for me. You check a lot of boxes, sweetheart."

"I know, I know," Grace adjusted herself on the bed after kicking her crocs off so she could cross her legs underneath her, "So she asked me if I wanted to try a low dose of medication with the therapy. It's not required, I am only mild so I don't have to take it."

"Are you going to try it?" Taylor asked while walking back to the closet, "Is it the same stuff Nell takes?"

"It would be but I'm on the fence. There's a lot of potential side effects with it and truthfully, I am concerned about the possibility of becoming addicted to the medication given my past. I did ask about that and it's generally not addictive and could actually help me stay sober but... I'm worried."

"What kind of side effects?"

Grace looked down at her paper and began to read them off, "Dizziness, headaches, loss of appetite and weight loss, dry mouth, stomach pain and nausea, trouble sleeping and probably the worst of all, changes- typically a decrease in libido."

Taylor withheld a laugh at Grace's disappointed face concerning the last point, "Honey, take the medication if you want to. If you think therapy is enough right now, then do that, if you want to try it then do that. It's your choice, one I will support either way."

"But I am asking for your input," Grace sighed and shifted onto her knees. She pushed the suitcase aside once Taylor put a sweater inside of it and wrapped her arms around the blonde's neck, "Make the decision for me so I don't have to think."

"Absolutely not," Taylor kissed her as she returned the embrace with her arms going around the younger woman's waist. She couldn't make that decision and they both knew that.

"I'm begging you."

"Oh how the tables turn!" Taylor giggled and pulled back so she could finish packing, "Okay, what if you try the therapy first and if you can manage with just that then that's great, but if you feel like you want to try the meds too then you go that route."