21

"Is it weird being back in London?" Taylor asked her girlfriend as they walked down the sidewalk towards their hotel. It was a couple weeks before reputation was supposed to be released and Taylor had some business to attend to.

Grace was holding her hand as they walked down the sidewalk from where the car let them out. It was approaching dinner time, they had started the day bright and early.

"Not particularly," Grace answered truthfully, "It's only been five months. Is it unpleasant for you?"

"No," Taylor replied as she walked through the door Grace held open for her, "I only asked because it's your hometown."

"Miss Kent!" The woman at the desk recognized her immediately. London still had its privileges, "I didn't see you in our bookings, did you have a reservation?"

"Yes," Grace smiled politely, "It's under an alias for privacy. Meredith Kent."

"Dork," Taylor chuckled. Grace and Meredith were the best of friends. That's why Grace was wearing a bubble backpack with Meredith in it while Taylor got Olivia.

"It's my cats name," Grace admitted to the woman at the front desk. She didn't stay in London hotels often but when she did, she knew which ones were the best for it. Taylor had taken her advice when she asked about accommodations, but she had allowed Grace to make the call.

She realized that was a mistake. A very cute mistake, but a mistake nonetheless. Meredith's name was absolutely Doctor Meredith Grey... depending on which half of the couple you asked.

"Here are your keys," the woman placed the plastic cards carefully on the desk in front of them, "I will have your bags brought up momentarily."

"That will not be necessary," Grace looked at the wheeled bag Taylor had parked next to them, the small portable litter box in a plastic bag was tied around the handle, "Travelling light."

"Alright then. Enjoy your stay."

The woman eyed them suspiciously as they headed towards the elevator. Grace had never once handled her own luggage, and while she still didn't, the concierge did not happen to miss the cat bobbing up and down as Grace walked across the expansive foyer.

"Are we putting the cats in the bathroom?" Taylor inquired as Grace unlocked the door.

"No, there's plenty of area for them to roam," the brunette replied. She pushed the heavy door open and held it for Taylor. Grace had started making a point of that, she kept saying Taylor was too pretty to open her own doors.

Coming from someone who didn't even knock on doors for herself for twenty-five years, it was quite the compliment. Grace had gone from someone spoiled in every possible way money could buy to someone who volunteered to scoop the cat litter despite her hatred of it just because Taylor hated it more.

And Taylor loved both versions of Grace, but the sober, soft around the edges version was her favourite. A previous version of Grace looked at her like she was the sun, however, the current one treated her like it.

That was if she remembered, because sometimes Grace did silly things like forget to unload the top shelf of the dishwasher or leave the wet laundry in the washing machine too long.

"Are you sure...?" Taylor trailed off at the end. She looked at Grace with slightly raised eyebrows, "We're in a hotel room, baby."

It took Grace a few heartbeats to catch Taylor's drift. She bit her lip, her eyes followed Taylor's motion of putting Olivia in the bathroom and she smirked, "Maybe if you put on a show."

Taylor chuckled drily in response, "We have always had such good times in hotel rooms, I don't think I need to put on a show for you."

Grace swung the cat carrier on her back off gently. She set it down on the fresh linens of the bed, opening the top and pulling Meredith out with her left hand, "I'll come back for you. Cover your ears."