18

Andrea hugged Grace so tightly every time she saw her. The first time, Grace thought it was terrible, the second time it was more welcome, but the third time, Grace hugged her back like it was the most important thing in the world at that moment.

During the short, two hour flight into Nashville, Grace had reapplied her makeup and changed into a powder blue dress that stopped mid-thigh. Taylor was wearing jeans and a flannel and Grace did make a gay joke.

Taylor laughed and proceeded to ask where Grace learned that one. She was shocked to find out that she had found it on Twitter.

Taylor Nation's Twitter. Grace was logged in on her cell phone. She didn't tweet but she was watching. How the fuck she got the password again would remain a mystery.

Grace could have made her own account but the feed on that account was of people who loved Taylor, too. That was special and the interns didn't mind sharing. She was at least fairly certain they didn't mind sharing.

"Hi!" Andrea pulled away from the hug and looked Grace up and down, "You look great, hon! It's so good to see you."

Grace knew she looked great, she had spent two hours curating that response, "Thank you, you too! I adore this blouse."

"Thanks," Andrea smiled at the compliment. It was only then could she hug Taylor, who during the exchange, got jealous and stood with her hands on her hips.

"Second place," Taylor chuckled sarcastically, "I get the second hug now?"

"You were hugging your dad," Andrea laughed, she patted Taylor's back during the hug, "I started some tea. Did you want to put the cats upstairs so Kitty doesn't bother them?"

"Yeah," Taylor had set the carriers down at the door. They hadn't stopped to drop them off at the apartment, the driver took them straight from the airport to Andrea's home.

Taylor stared at Meredith's carrier for a moment. It was a long enough pause with no movement that Grace chimed in, "Do you want me to deal with Meredith?"

"She's your evil cat," Taylor nodded with distress regarding the matter, "I'm going to bring home a third one someday, just so I have one that actually likes me."

"The joys," Grace picked the labelled carriers up and turned to Andrea, "Is there a specific place you would prefer they roam?"

"There's a fresh litter box in the upstairs guest bathroom for them."

Grace went to unload the cats while Taylor followed her mother through the house and towards the kitchen. The electric kettle was steaming and there were mugs set out as Scott fiddled with a lightbulb above the countertop. Andrea already told him to let it be but he insisted on going to the store to get a replacement for her when he realized it wasn't working.

"How is Grace with the news?" It seemed that everyone on the planet except them had heard about the separation. Grace seemed to be ecstatic about it, she was a huge believer in karma.

"Uhm..." Taylor checked to make sure Grace wasn't behind her, "She was happy...?"

"Happy?" Scott inquired, "About her parents getting a divorce?"

"There's a lot of trauma she's still unpacking. I don't know if it's going to hit her in the future or what but, yeah, she was like, relieved. Her sister called this morning, that's how she found out."

"The new sister?"

"Yep," Taylor had done her best to keep Andrea in the loop regarding her life, and with that meant Grace's too. Most of it, not everything.