Their Choice - II

Two updates in one day???? Aren't you lot lucky!
---
"Where have the children gone?" The Doctor questioned, walking up to the castle ruins with the three humans.

Rory shrugged. "Don't know. Play time's probably over."

The Doctor used his sonic to scan the molehills.

"You see, this is the real one," Rory said. "I just feel it. Don't you feel it?"

"I feel it in both places."

"Hollie?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "I like this." She gestured to her hand. "But then there also is the fact you two aren't with us anymore."

"I feel it here," Rory said. "It's just so tranquil and relaxed. Nothing bad could ever happen here."

"Not really me, though, is it?" Amy pointed out. "I mean, would I be happy settling down in a place with a pub, two shops and a really bad Amateur Dramatics Society? That's why I got pregnant, so I don't have to see them doing Oklahoma." She frowned at the Doctor, who had been studying a pile of dust for the past minute.

Hollie joined the Time Lord. "Doctor, what are you doing?" She asked. "And what are those piles of dust?"

"Play time's definitely over." He grimaced.

"Oh, my God," Amy whispered as Hollie's hands flew to her mouth in shock.

"What happened to them?" Rory asked.

"I think they did." The Doctor straightened and took Hollies hand after he wiped them on his trousers, his eyes locked on the old people now walking in the streets.

"They're just old people." Amy protested, following the Doctor and Hollie back to the playground with Rory.

"No, they're very old people." He looked over to Rory. "Sorry, Rory, I don't think you're what's been keeping them alive."

"Hello, peasants." The Dream Lord appeared, smiling at them all. "What's this, attack of the old people?" He questioned, looking at the old people walking over to them. "Oh, that's ridiculous. This has got to be the dream, hasn't it? What do you think, Hollie? Let's all jump under a bus and wake up in the TARDIS. You first."

The Doctor growled as he stepped in front of the blonde. "Leave her alone."

"Do that again." The Dream Lord grinned. "I love it when he does that. Tall dark hero." He looked at Hollie. "Leave her alone." He tried to mimic the Doctor. "You like it too, don't you?"

"Just leave her." Rory snapped.

"Yes, you're not quite so impressive," the Dream Lord sighed in disappointment. "We all know about Hollie but what about Amy Pond over here?" He raised a brow. "You might fool them but I know where your heart lies, don't I?"

"Shut up." Amy snapped. "Just shut up and leave me me and Hollie alone."

"But listen. You're in there. Loves a redhead, the Doctor." He smirked. "Has he told you about Elizabeth the First? Well, she thought she was the first." He shook his head. "Then again he also has had a thing for blondes in the past as well..."

"Drop it." The Doctor snapped. "Drop all of it. I know who you are."

"Course you don't."

"Course I do." The Doctor shot back. "No idea how you can be here, but there's only one person in the universe who hates me as much as you do."

"Never mind me." He shook his head. "Maybe you should worry about them." He nodded at the old people now walking across the grass.

The Dream Lord vanished again. "At least he's gone again." Hollie shook her head. "I don't like him at all."