Vincent and the Doctor - III

I haven't been writing a lot lately so for that I'm sorry.

I know, I know I leave for a bit, I come back and say I'm not going again for a long time and then after a few weeks it happens again but I've been so stressed and busy at work lately its been horrible. I've lost motivation and I don't want to put out crappy writing. I don't know when the next chapter of any of my books will come out. I'll try to not make it months between but I cannot make any promises but I am not leaving it! I'm still here just... not as regular. Enjoy the chapter I've been cooking Vincent and the Doctor for a while. I love the episode and had to do it the justice it deserved.

Love ya <3

-----

By the time Vincent was almost done with his painting the sky had become dark and an owl was quietly hooting away from a nearby tree. The Doctor sat on the grass, his back facing Vincent, Hollie, Amy and Cassiopeia. His head rested in one of his hands and a bored look on his face.

Hollie, Amy, and Cassiopeia watched Vincent as he painted. "Is this how time normally passes?" The Doctor asked aloud in a dull tone. "Really slowly. In the right order." He let out a bored sigh and stood up. "If there's one thing I can't stand, it's an unpunctual alien attack."

Amy looked at the sulking Time Lord: "Are you okay?" She asked. "You seem a bit," she paused for a moment and frowned as she studied him, "if I didn't know you better, I'd say nervous." The ginger looked at her friend for help. "Hollie?"

The blonde nodded in agreement a second before the Doctor nodded himself. "Yes, there's something not right and I can't quite put my finger on it."

"There!" Vincent suddenly exclaimed, pointing with the back of his paintbrush at the church behind his easel. "He's at the window."

Hollie frowned, looking through the window but of course, she couldn't see anything as the Doctor stood up, running over to join the group.

"Where?"

"There, on the right." Vincent pointed again, looking at the Doctor.

"As I thought." The Time Lord nodded. "Come on. I'm going in."

"Well I'm coming too." Vincent went to stand up.

The Doctor's eyes widened and he stopped the ginger in his motions. "No! You're Vincent Van Gogh." He slowly shook his head. "No."

Vincent frowned as he returned to his seat. "But you're not armed."

"I am." He nodded.

Hollie and Amy frowned while Cassiopeia's lips twitched into a smile but it was Vincent who broke the silence. "What with?"

"Overconfidence, this," he patted the small briefcase in his hands before he patted Cassiopeia's shoulder, "Cassiopeia and a small screwdriver. I'm absolutely sorted. Just have to find the right crosactic setting and stun him with it. Sonic never fails. Anyway, Hollie, Amy, only one thought, one simple instruction. Don't follow me under any circumstances."

"I won't," Amy replied.

"If Cassiopeia is going then I'm going," Hollie told the Doctor.

He huffed and then sighed as she crossed her arms at him while he tried (and failed) to give her a stern look. The Doctor sighed. "Fine. Cassiopeia, look after her."

Said blonde rolled her eyes at the Time Lord. "You really can't say no to her can you?"

The Doctor huffed again. "I can but we don't have time to argue so it's easier if you look after her." Hollie grinned and followed the Doctor towards the church with Cassiopeia a few steps behind her while Vincent looked at Amy.