The Hungry Earth - III

The Doctor, Hollie, Orion, Cassiopeia and Nova walked up to Rory who was currently setting up one of the last cameras on a gravestone. "How're you doing?"

Rory looked up to the sky as it quickly grew darker. "It's getting darker. How can it be getting dark so quickly?"

"I think they're shutting out the light." Nova looked up at the sky.

"Using the dome to put us into darkness." Cassiopeia looked at her sister. "I have to admit that's pretty smart of them."

"I don't think we should be praising them right now." Orion looked at his other sister.

"Trying to isolate us in the dark..." The Doctor frowned. "Which means-" A low rumbling echoed from below them. "It's here." He looked at Hollie, quickly taking her hand before looking to Rory. "We need to get to the church."

The group all nodded in agreement, the rumbling grew louder as they got closer to the church.

"I can't open it." Ambrose huffed as they all arrived at the door. "It keeps sticking. The wood's warped."

The Doctor and Orion tried to push on the door while Hollie, Cassiopeia and Nova looked into the darkness, the light now completely gone as if it was midnight. "Any time you want to help." The Doctor looked at Rory.

"Can't you sonic it?"

"It doesn't do wood."

"That is rubbish."

"Oi," The Doctor and Orion both exclaimed at the same time. The Doctor looked at the other man in somewhat shock as Orion just stared back. Cassiopeia and Nova snickered to themselves. After a moment the Doctor looked back to Rory and pointed a finger at him, "Don't diss the sonic."

With Rory's help, the four of them opened the door and made their way into the church. The Doctor made his way over to the computer as the ground began to shake causing cardboard boxes to fall to the floor. "See if we can get a fix." He told Hollie as he began to type on the computer.

Ambrose shrieked as the lights suddenly exploded, sending the church into darkness. Tony flicked the light switch on the wall. "No power."

"It's deliberate." The Doctor commented as Orion pulled out his sonic and activated it, the orange glow slightly lighting the church up.

"What do we do now?" Rory asked.

"What can we do?" Nova shrugged. "We have no power."

"We've got nothing." The Doctor huffed. "They sent an energy surge to wreck our systems."

"Can't you bring it back?" Hollie asked the Doctor. "Somehow bring the power back?"

"No way." He shook his head. "Maybe if I knew what we were dealing with but I don't."

"Is everyone okay?" Rory asked. "Is anyone hurt?"

"I'm fine," Nasreen replied a moment before Ambrose added:

"Me too."

A loud rumbling sound suddenly echoed. "Doctor, what was that?" Rory questioned.

"It's like the holes at the drill station." Mac frowned.

"Is this how they happened?" Nasreen asked.

The Doctor looked at Hollie as they both crouched down to the ground which quietly hummed at them. "It's coming through the final layer of Earth."

"What is?" Hollie asked at the Time Lord who had a small crease on his forehead as he frowned, his eyes fixed on nothingness as he listened for the sound of the drills.