The Time of Angels - I

Hollie and Amy watched the Doctor as he wondered past different museum pieces behind the glass cases, scanning the labels on each one as he went past. "Wrong." He commented to himself and the girls as he walked past a casing on his left before looking at the one on his right and commenting the same thing: "Wrong." He went past another and tilted his head at it as he stopped for a moment and read the text. "Little bit right, mostly wrong. I love museums." He spun around, a grin on his face as Hollie and Amy both tried to keep up with the giddy Time Lord. 

"Yeah, great." Amy dryly commented following him past another. "Can we go to a planet now? Big space ship? Churchill's bunker? You promised us a planet next." 

"Amy, this isn't any old asteroid." The Doctor replied. "It's the Delerium Archive, the final resting place of the headless monks. The biggest museum ever." 

"You've got a time machine." Amy groaned. "What do you need museums for?"

The Doctor ignored the ginger's question as he continued to walk past the items on display. "Wrong." He frowned seeing another. "Very wrong." His eyes lit up as he walked past a casing with a label he recognised on the side. "Ooo, one of mine." He nodded to his left before spotting something similar on his right. "Also one of mine."

"Oh, I see." Amy suddenly cut in. "It's how you keep score."

The Doctor stopped next to a very old box with strange symbols on the sides. "Oh great, an old box," Amy muttered frowning at it as the Doctor looked at it with intent. 

"It's from one of the old starliners." He explained. "A Home Box." 

"What's a Home Box?" 

"Like a black box on a plane, except it homes. Anything happens to the ship, the Home Box flies home with all the flight data." 

"So?" 

"The writing, the graffiti." He gestured to it. "Old High Gallifreyan. The lost language of the Time Lords." Amy frowned at him not understanding. "There were days, there were many days, these words could burn stars and raise up empires, and topple gods." 

"What does it say?"

The Doctor sighed and looked up. "Hello, sweetie."

"What?" Hollie looked up at him.

The Doctor stared at her and frowned. "You've been keeping quiet." He walked over to the blonde. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" She frowned.

"You've been quiet since we left Churchill and London."

Hollie shrugged. "Just been thinking."

The Doctor sighed. "If it was the Daleks-"

"It wasn't them." She shook her head. "Just-" She paused for a second and bit her lip before sighing and shaking her head. "Just nothing, it doesn't matter."

The Doctor frowned and glanced at Amy for a second who shrugged at the Time Lord. "Okay." He nodded and clapped his hands together. "But if you ever want to talk about it, I'm here."

"Me too." Amy smiled lightly shoving her best friend. "And don't you forget it."

Hollie cracked a smile and chuckled at her ginger friend a moment before they both looked at the Doctor as an alarm blared, the box no longer in the case but rather in his hands.

"What are you doing!" Amy shouted as she watched guards run around a corner and head straight for them. 

"Taking the box, now run!"

The girls didn't need to be told twice and headed back to the TARDIS with the Doctor, the guards headed straight for them but missed the three by seconds as they slipped into the box. The Doctor handed it to Hollie before running to the console and dematerialising the TARDIS, stopping the guards from banging on the TARDIS door.