The Time of Angels - II

They all began to head up the maze, the Doctor ahead with Octavian while Hollie hung back with River, Amy a little behind her.

"You two all right?" River asked Amy who rubbed her eye and Hollie who was being a little quieter than she was used to.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Amy nodded and looked at River. "So, what's a Maze of the Dead?"

"Oh, it's not as bad as it sounds." River shrugged. "It's just a labyrinth with dead people buried in the walls. Okay, that was fairly bad. Right give me your arm. This won't hurt a bit." Amy complied and gave River her hand, she yelped when River stabbed her with a needle. "There, you see. I lied. It's a viro-stabiliser. Stabilises your metabolism against radiation, drive burn, anything. You're going to need it when we get up to that ship."

Amy stared at her for a moment. "Okay..." She looked to Hollie before gesturing towards the Doctor holding a scanner not too far away. "Well, I'm just going to go see if the Doctor needs any help." She muttered before heading off.

River raised a brow at Hollie who shrugged and gave her arm to the woman. "My turn I guess."

River shook her head. "Alright." She injected the girl making her grit her teeth as the needle went in.

"Done."

"Thanks." Hollie lightly rubbed her arm before she sighed. "Sorry." She looked at the ground for a moment. "I know you probably won't be able to tell me anything but what is he like in the future?"

"The Doctor?" River guessed. "Well, the Doctor's the Doctor."

"Oh. Well, that's very helpful." She rolled her eyes. "Of course I shouldn't have asked, silly me."

River shook her head and looked at the Doctor, noticing how he was standing their, looking at the device in his hands. "Yes, we are."

"Sorry, what?" The Time Lord mumbled from where he stood, not even looking up at them.

"Talking about you."

"I wasn't listening." He muttered, not even glancing at them ."I'm busy."

Hollie frowned. "Didn't you hold that the other way up River?"

River chuckled and shook her head. "You two are adorable."

Hollie blinked and the Doctor narrowed his eyes at River before he turned the portable computer the other way. "Thanks, Holls."

"Amy thinks you're married to him in the future." She crossed her arms and nodded at the Doctor who huffed.

Rivers eyes widened as she stared at the blonde before she laughed. "Oh if only she knew how wrong she was."

"So you're not married to the Doctor?"

"Oh no." She laughed. "Definitely not."

"Right." She frowned. "What is it then?" She crossed her arms. "Because you're definitely more than just his friend, I can tell."

"Well that would be telling a spoiler but I can tell you this: it is the Doctor we're talking about. Do you really think it could be anything as simple as 'marrying' him?"

"I don't know." She frowned. "He seems pretty annoyed at you whenever you're in his eyesight."

She nodded. "He doesn't like that I have foreknowledge, it's dangerous."

"But doesn't it help him?" She questioned.

"Sometimes yes, but sometimes it makes it worse because I know what is going to happen and I can't do anything about it."