Vincent and the Doctor - II

"Right." The Doctor began as he, Hollie and Cassiopeia stood in the middle of Vincent's house while Amy sat on a chair at his table. "So he's invisible." He stated. "What did he look like?"

"I'll show you," Vincent replied a moment before he grabbed a paintbrush and casually painted white paint over a canvas of violets. Hollie's eyes widened in horror as the Doctor shouted:

"Oh, no, no. No, no!" As he realised what the man was doing.

Vincent looked up at the Time Lord as if he hadn't just ruined a piece of art while he frowned. "What?"

"It's just er," the Doctor shifted on his feet, nervously looking at the blonde beside him at the look of utter horror on her face. "That was quite good." He tried to casually wave him to continue before nervously glancing at Hollie again. "Oh, no. On you go."

The Doctor, Hollie, Cassiopeia and Amy all watched as Vincent began to draw a charcoal sketch of the creature he had seen on the now blank canvas. Hollie tilted her head as Vincent drew a long beak as he came closer to finishing his drawing of the creature. She frowned slightly at it which happened to look very much like a large bird and almost identical to the one in the painting they had seen in the museum earlier that day.

When he was finished Vincent held it out to the Doctor, who took the drawing and looked at it, holding it out in front of him. "Okay. Okay. Right." He nodded. "Amy, Cass, make Mister Van Gogh comfortable. Don't let any invisible monsters in through the front door."

"But it could be outside, waiting." Amy frowned. "Or it could come in here."

"That's why you got Cassiopeia with you." He grinned. The blonde nodded wordlessly and the Doctor smirked at Amy. "Don't worry. I'll risk it. What's the worst that can happen?

"You could get torn into pieces by a monster you can't see." She pointed out.

"Oh right, yes, that." He rolled his eyes at the obvious. "That's why I have Hollie." He winked at the woman beside him who blinked slightly at getting dragged into the conversation. "She'll keep an eye on me, don't worry. We'll be back before you can say where's they got to now?" He headed out the door Hollie following behind him before suddenly running back inside. "Not that fast!" He exclaimed making Amy jump and Cassiopeia shook her head at him while looking quite startled herself. "But pretty fast..." He pointed between the trio. "See you around."

×××

The Doctor and Hollie travelled from Vincent's house, back towards where the Doctor had parked the TARDIS. They walked in the darkness of the night in complete silence. Hollie frowned deep in thought, almost following the Doctor while her head continued to be distracted by other thoughts.

The Doctor glanced over at her and tilted his head, her brows were scrunched up while her eyes looked blankly ahead of her. "What's wrong?" He finally asked.

Hollie blinked as his voice pulled her away from her train of thought and she suddenly noticed the Doctor was now staring at her. "What?" She replied, trying to casually shrug it off.

"You're frowning." He stated and stopped walking as he turned to her.

Hollie sighed after a moment and stopped walking before she turned around and looked at him, sensing him staring at her. "I'm thinking."

The Doctor raised a brow. "About?"

"It doesn't matter." She answered defensively and shook her head before she continued to walk on. The Doctor continued to frown at the back of her head before he suddenly leapt forward and grabbed her wrist forcing her to turn back around to face him, a determined look in his eye and a shocked look on her face. "Holls."