Cold Blood - I

The updates are definitely slowing down now I'm back at work but we're still going! I'm really excited for the next few chapters because we're going to find out a lot and the information isn't going to be at all useful for a long time but oh here we are!

---

The Doctor walked across a large bridge, his eyes briefly glancing down at the silent city below. He turned to look at the group for a short second before turning back and explaining: "This place is enormous and deserted. The majority of the race are probably still asleep. We need to find Amy." They walked through a tunnel and he turned to Hollie, Orion and Nova. "You three stay here we'll contact you, go back to the TARDIS and keep in touch with Rory. Cassiopeia, Nasreen and I, are looking for heat signature anomalies to find Amy." The three nodded in agreement, it wasn't the most ideal situation, the Doctor would rather have kept them all together but in order to find Amy and the others, especially in such a large place they were going to have to split up a bit.

"But Doctor," Nasreen asked as Hollie, Orion and Nova headed off, "how can all this be here? I mean, these plants."

"Must be getting closer to the centre of the city."

"You're sure this is the best way to enter?"

He nodded at her reassuringly. "Front door approach. Definitely. Always the best way."

Alarms then began to blare, Hollie, Orion and Nova's eyes widened, their heads snapping back around to where the Doctor, Cassiopeia and Nasreen were.

Orion grabbed his sister's hand, pulling her over to where a large plant sat at the edge of the corridor, the two hiding behind it while the Doctor, Cassiopeia and Nasreen looked around.

Hollie's eyes widened as Orion went to grab her to pull her over to him, a moment before he could three Silurians came around the corner making her swallow hard.

Hostile life forms detected area seventeen. The computer echoed as Hollie held her hands up, the Siluriens holding some kind of weapon with what looked like a cone on the end.

×××

A few moments earlier...

"Apart from the back door approach." The Doctor told Nasreen as they continued to walk, "That's also good." Sometimes better."

Hostile life forms detected, area seventeen.

"Doctor." Nasreen's eyes widened after hearing what the computer announced. Cassiopeia blinked and the Doctor swallowed hard as at least five Silurians ran down the opposite corridor Orion, Hollie and Nova came from, all of them wearing their masks with weapons that looked like guns in their hands.

Hostile life forms detected, area seventeen. The computer repeated

"We're not hostile." The Doctor informed. "We're not armed. We're here in peace."

"I don't think that's going to work."

One of the Silurian's stepped forward and shot its weapon, a grey gas shot out, hissing slightly in the next moment the Doctor, Cassiopeia and Nasreen fell to the floor.

"That was a great plan then," **Hollie muttered to herself, her hands still up in the air as the Silurians came face to face, or rather mask with her.

"Oh no." Nova telepathically communicated to her brother as the Silurians suddenly shot a gas at Hollie, the blonde collapsed to the floor.

"Yeah." Orion replied. "He's going to kill us."

×××

Amy stared at the Silurian in the room with her while tightening her hands into fists and pulling at the clamps over her hands. "Don't you come near me with that." Her eyes wide as the Silurian scanned her with a device.