The Hungry Earth - I

Yes, yes yes I know I said we'd be going over to the Protector but I just LOVE Hollie so much so we're back here as I had this ready and I almost have the next chapter for the Protector ready and who am I to resist posting this?

---

The Doctor almost bounced to the TARDIS doors as Hollie watched him, slightly shaking her head at the childlike behaviour. The Time Lord grinned widely as Hollie raised a brow at him. "So we're definitely going to go to the carnival yeah?" She questioned, following him to the doors, Amy and Rory silently followed, sharing a glance with each other. "Behold..." The Doctor began, swinging the doors of the TARDIS open, a wide grin on his face. "...Rio!" His face fell at the sight, it most definitely was not Rio.

"Nah," Amy replied, stepping past the Doctor and out of the blue box.

"Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe," Rory added, frowning at the grey blanket of clouds covering the entire sky, casting a slight shadow on the green hilly area overlooking where they had landed.

Without saying a single word Hollie turned around, walking deeper console room to grab a jacket. She was not walking around in 12 degrees Celsius weather in just a top.

"No?" The Doctor frowned, stepping out of the TARDIS himself now. "Ooo, feel that, though. What's that?" He began jumping up and down. "Ground feels strange." He commented and looked at the couple who just looked blankly back at him. "Just me." He looked to the humans again. "Wait" He paused for a brief moment. "That's weird."

"What's weird?" Hollie asked as she walked back out of the TARDIS, "Doctor why are you jumping up and down?"

"Grounds weird." He replied while Amy groaned. "Doctor, stop trying to distract us. We're in the wrong place." The Time Lord didn't reply. "Doctor, it's freezing and I've dressed for Rio." She continued as the Doctor completely ignored her, crouching down to look at the ground below his feet. "We are not stopping here. Doctor. You listening to me?" She huffed. "It's a graveyard. You promised me a beach."

"And he promised me a carnival," Hollie added, eyebrows raised at the Time Lord while crossing her arms.

"Bluegrass." The Doctor stopped jumping again and knelt back down. "Patches of it all around the graveyard." He pulled some grass out. "So, Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future, wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot."

"Why are those people waving at us?" Amy asked as she pointed up at two figures on the other side of the valley, waving at the three.

"Can't be." The Doctor frowned.

Rory stared to wave back. "Don't," Amy told him off, pulling his hand down while the Doctor pulled out a pair of binoculars.

"It is." A voice from behind them announced.

The four spun around, their eyes landing upon Orion casually leaning against the TARDIS. He wore a dark, almost TARDIS blue buttoned-up shirt, the sleeves half rolled up which was questionable considering the dull weather and slight breeze. It was definitely not short sleeves weather. He also wore cream suit trousers and black and white classic vans.

The Doctor narrowed his eyes. "Don't scare someone like that!"

Orion smirked slightly while Rory frowned, confused at who this was. "Whose this?"

"Orion." Said man uncrossed his arms and straightened, he stepped forward and held out his hand for the man to shake.

"Who?" Rory slowly took the man and slightly shook it, unsure if he really should be going along with this.

"We met him and his twin sisters after the weeping angles," Hollie explained.

"I mentioned him before when you first met one of his sisters," Amy explained. "Nova, the other one being Cassiopeia"