Deeper Than Blood

Of Course it's another interlude time and this one is short but sweet and only involves the Doctor and Rory.
I'm not sure on the title and I changed it a couple of times too but I kept going back to this one.
Enjoy!
---
After deciding it was best to relax around the TARDIS after their latest and rather dangerous adventure the Doctor found himself in the console room alone, Amy, Rory and Hollie decided to go to the swimming pool for a bit, leaving the Time Lord to do some work on the TARDIS, something the trio argued against, practically begging the Doctor to join them for some fun.

The Doctor guessed they must have been gone for a while and decided to take a break when he heard footsteps in the console room. He turned around and noticed Rory heading up to the central console, hair slightly damp, evidence that he had recently finished swimming for a while. "Everything alright?" The Doctor raised a brow at the man.

Rory nodded. "I just wanted to talk to you."

The Doctor frowned wondering what Rory wanted. "About?"

"Hollie," Rory stated.

"What about her?"

"You and Hollie." He added.

"Oh." The Doctor blinked, suddenly finding interest in the TARDIS console. "Right."

"She told us what happened."

"Okay." He slowly nodded. "I feel like Amy isn't pleased about it."

"What." Rory blinked. "Amy's happy for you guys, why wouldn't she be?"

"Well after what happened..." The Doctor trailed off.

"Ah." Rory nodded. "Yeah."

"But that wasn't what you came to me about, is it?" He guessed, sensing the man didn't want to talk about his fiancé felt about her best friend and the Time Lord.

"No," Rory admitted with a quiet sigh. "Look, I know you guys are not like 'together' but I just wanted to warn you Doctor because Hollie is like a sister to me, always has been and if you hurt her in any way-"

"I get it." He cut in, holding up his hands. You'll get your angry stag do friends to come after me. Trust me, Rory, nothing is going to happen, I don't take things like this lightly, I wouldn't even admit it to myself let alone to her if I wasn't sure. Plus, Hollie's different. I want this to be done properly, she deserves that."

"Good." Rory smiled before he lightly patted the Doctor on the back. "Now I've warned you of what could happen if you hurt Hollie, I'm going back to the pool and I think she and Amy wants you to join us."

The Doctor laughed and slowly nodded. "Alright, alright." He gave in and wiped his hands on his jacket. "Let them know I'll be down in a minute."

"Okay." Rory headed off into the corridor.

The Doctor sighed after Rory left and looked up at the time rotor on the console. The machine buzzed happily for a moment, a light flashed and the Doctor smiled. "I know." He nodded picking the cloth up from the console before heading under the stairs and placing it in its home. "I'm taking that as approval," he headed up the stairs and into the corridor in search of where ever the pool was now as the TARDIS beeped once again. "Thank you."