Chapter I: Friends With Benefits

"Mal, you have to try this drink I just made. It's so freaking good. Here," my brother's girlfriend hands me a drink over the counter.

She's so scared to cuss for some reason. I think she takes her name a little too seriously, which is funny considering she was the one at fault in that garden.

"Thanks, Eve," I take a sip and start walking away. Damn, this is good. Strong as hell, but good.

As I walk back onto the dance floor, the music gets louder. My heart starts to pump faster, and my body vibrates with every thump of the base.

Next thing I know, I'm dancing with Sin: My big brother's best friend. He just got back from the city, finishing school. But he's so close and he smells so good. There's a strong scent of booze in this club, but his cologne is overpowering it all. And his right hand is wrapped about my waist, while his left is around my neck.

I feel him press his body against my back harder, and I feel something poking me in my lower back. Then he leans down to my ear, "you feel that?" his tone is soft yet demeaning.

I answer, "yeah. Is that 'cause of me?" I ask as I turn my head to the side a bit.

Our eyes meet, and he's looking at me with a smile, "what do you think?" he mouths.

The music gets louder, but soon drains out as both of us leave the club.

He starts running left, but my house is right and closer.

"Hey, let's go to my house. It's closer." I demand.

"I live in the penthouse of the Reed Royal hotel right up the street. Let's go there since it's closer: I wanna fuck you right now." he says as he continues to walk.

He ends up speeding up, and then running with me.

◷...✍︎︎...◷

As soon as we get into the elevator, he pulls me into him and he starts kissing me, "you're not going to be able to walk tomorrow when I'm done with you, Malia." he smiles.

"Oh, yeah? What makes you so cocky? We haven't had sex together at all. Hell, we barely even talked."

Which is true. I've barely spoken to Sin through my entire twenty years of knowing him... yeah, he's been around for a while. Our parents are friends so we were all raised together. He migrated towards Malik more than me though which is understandable since him and my brother were both three-year olds.

"I'm confident in my abilities, angel. Just don't scream my name too much or you'll lose that sexy voice of yours," he leans back down and continues the kiss.

When the elevator opens, it opens directly into his penthouse. Everything is so open. The view is so pretty, that it almost makes me sober up. Almost.
How the hell did he even get this though?

He gives me three little pecks before letting go and walking to his kitchen, "clothes off. The bedroom is down that hall. Wait for me,"

I kick my heels off, and peel my dress' straps off my shoulders, letting it fall to the ground. I forgot I passed on a bra when I came out. It looked stupid with the noodle-strap dress. Now all I'm in is my red, laced underwear.

"Okay," I say softly, trying to get his attention.

He turns around from digging through his refrigerator and in his hand is ice, "fuck."

I laugh and turn around to go to his room, but he calls me, "come back. I can't wait anymore, I need you now."

When I turn around, he's already walking towards me. When he finally reaches me, he picks me up and takes me back to the kitchen, setting me on the countertop.