Chapter XXIV: Time skip

Time jump: 8 months and a few days.

Sin and I moved into a new house about a month after things went down with Wren. I was expecting something medium-sized: 4 bedrooms type of stuff, but no. Sincere bought a big ass house with 4 levels. The basement is one, the ground floor is another, the third floor which has seven rooms on it, two to which our kids will be occupying, and the fourth one which is one big room. Our room.

I also graduated from college, but I didn't win the novel contest. However, Sincere introduced me to a famous publishing company and they loved my book. I switched from my recent self-publishing gig, to them and my income has shot through the roof.
Lily just had her baby a few weeks ago, and she ended up getting involved with Jackson. Crazy, right? They hated each other at first.

I'm at the doctor's office with Sincere right now for our 'almost-last' appointment.

"The twins should be here between now and next week!" the doctor says excitedly. Every time we've came to see her, she was always ecstatic. I love that.

She hands Sin a napkin and he wipes the gel off of my stomach. I pull down my T-shirt (that's really his), and sit up with his help. My stomach is huge. It looks like I have three watermelons inside of me.

"Fuck," I groan.

"You got it, angel. Ready?"

"Yup. Can you put my shoes on please," I ask, out of breath. I can't even see my feet anymore because my stomach is so big.

He does as I ask of him and then he helps me down off the gurney.

"My back." I groan.

Sincere turns me around by my shoulders, so now that my back is pressed against his stomach and he cups my stomach and lifts it up, relieving all of the weight I was carrying.

"Oh, my fuck." I sigh. "Thank you."

He does this everyday... at least he did at first. He's been acting really weird lately. Almost like he's angry with me.

"Mhm. Just let me know when you're ready to leave."

I let him hold the twins up for a few seconds longer then say, "okay, I'm ready."

He gently releases my stomach so that when I feel all of the weight, it won't be as much.

"I'll hold them up longer when we get back home."

"Aww you guys are just too stinking cute! Your kids are going to be so lucky to have you two!" she says.

I laugh, "thank you. See you next week, Mrs. Wesley."

◷...✍︎︎...◷

We get into the car, and Sin doesn't say anything to me... like at all. He didn't ask if I were hungry, if I wanted snacks or how I've been feeling.

"Sin?" I call.

"Hm?"

"Are you mad at me?" I ask.

"No."

"Why've you been ignoring me then? And giving me short-stops?"

"I don't know. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, Mal."

Mal?

My eyes start to water: I said I wasn't going to be a crybaby and I actually haven't, but this is putting me on the edge. I don't know what I did to make him upset and he's not saying anything. What if he's waiting for the birth of the kids to end the relationship? Fuck.