Chapter VI: New York Day 2, Part 1

I wake up in a big, King-sized bed, next to Eve. What the hell?

"Uh, Eve?" I call.

"Hmm?" she answers.

"Why're you in here with me instead of with my brother?"

She does one of those morning stretches, "ah, crap," she groans. "There's a whole bunch of guys here which means nobody could share a room with you. So your brother asked me to and I was like "hell yeah!" at first, but you were asleep so I got a little sad. I'm going to stay with him tonight though because Kaz couldn't make it so you'll have this all to yourself. We have so much to talk about though." she says excitedly.

Kaz...

I laugh, "and what might that be?"

She sits up and hovers overtop of me, "what in God's name is going on with you and Sincere?"

Oh, shit. If she knows, does my brother know? No, no. It's an assumption.

"What are you talking about?" I laugh. Please, God let those drama classes from high school pay off.

"Girl, I saw the way he was looking at you. Not only that, but he flew you out here on his private plane! You're the only one he offered that joy ride to."

"Me coming was last minute, Eve, and I'm broke as-"

"That too, that too!" she stands up on the bed fast and points at me. How does she have so much energy this early? I don't know. "He personally invited you to New York and bought you a freaking dress!"

How did she know about the dress? Damn, us girls really are intuitive.

"I told him how financially unstable I was and he took care of it for me."

"Are you going to pay him back?"

"Oh, hell no. Do you know how much money he spent on m-"

"Exactly! Either you two are doing the nasty, there's a deal going on, or you're in love with each other. Actually, it's probably all three!"

"No, it's not," I groan and quite literally roll out of the bed.

She jumps down, "is too. I won't pry or anything... and I won't tell your brother. But I know it's something." she walks into the bathroom. This girl... she's so nosy.

◷...✍︎︎...◷

After I showered and brushed my teeth, I went downstairs with everyone else, where my brother and at least 12 of his friends sit, including Sincere.

"Where the hell are your clothes?" Malik asks.

"Uh.. on my body?" I respond. I'm wearing shorts and a noodle strap.

"You need to change. You can't be down here around them like this," he says.

"Boy bye, I'm grown." I laugh and walk over to the fridge.

As I grab a water, I feel someone press against my back, "every guy in that living room, excluding your brother, has eyes for you, angel." Sincere says in my ear.

"Yeah, right," I scoff.

He kisses my shoulder, and travels it from there to my neck, to my ear and whispers, "but my eyes are the only ones that matter, isn't that right?"

"Malik is literally right there, Sin. He'll see you, back up." I step away.

"So? Let's just tell him." he shrugs.

"After the gala... I'm too scared to-"

Sincere grabs me by my waist and pulls me into a hug, "tell me to back off and I will."