Chapter XV: Something Isn't Right

*Mention of sexual assault in this chapter. Proceed as you wish*

Fuck. I'm taking a longer vacation from school, but I need to finish that novel. It's a romance, but I think it's a bit boring. Like it needs some kind of... pizzaz.

"Hi, angel. Coffee?" Sincere asks, as he kisses my temple.

"Yes, please. Did she settle in well?" I ask, referring to Lily. He gave her the suite below us so that we're close, just in case. It's been almost a month and she's starting to go to the doctor's regularly. I've been the one going with her as well. Sin just helped her move in, so did Malik and Jackson.

"Yeah, she did. She cried a bit too." he sets down a mug next to my laptop and then has a seat next to me at the table.

"Cried?" I smile. I wonder why.

"Yeah. She said she finally felt free of everything but she's still afraid. Of Wren." Sincere answers.

Yeah, Wren. We're waiting on those DNA results of Lily's baby to get proof that he's the father and that he committed assault. And honestly, she's so brave for keeping the baby. I definitely would've taken a different route. I did.

"I feel so bad for her." I say as I stop typing.

"Yeah, me too. I'm glad the results come back tomorrow. How's your novel going though?" he peeks at my computer.

"Eh... I'm not sure. It's missing something... something dramatic, and I don't know what."

"What's the plot?"

"Mm... enemies to lovers, I guess. He's a CEO, she's his secretary. They hate each other at first but she won't quit and he won't fire her because she's a good worker." I bite my nail.

Sincere takes my hand out of my mouth, and holds my hand then starts talking as if nothing happened, "why don't you add in a part where they're forced to breakup after getting together? Maybe his mother comes and she absolutely hates the girl. Or, a toxic ex of his comes back into the picture and causes a big misunderstanding."

Damn... that's a good idea.

"How'd you come up with that?"

"Well, it kind of happened to us. But I also watch a lot of romance shows." he admits.

"I never would've guessed."

He laughs, "I know, right."

It gets quiet for a minute, but then I break it, "so, can we-"

"No. No sex until after you give birth. I'll give you head, but I'm not sticking my stick in you because it might squish the baby's heads."

Oh, my God. He angers me with this so bad.

"Sin," I whine, "that's not how that works. You just can't penetrate me as deep as you normally do."

He leans in and kisses me, "no. And don't think it's because I don't want to, because I definitely do. That's why I don't shower with you anymore. But I can't for the future of our children."

I turn around to my laptop and jot down the idea he gave me quickly, and then stand up.

"Fine. I'll go get some from somewhere else."

I start towards our room, but he calls me, "angel."
I keep walking but he calls me, "Malia. Wait."

I stop and stand there for a few seconds, then turn around to look at him and he's staring at me with his tongue in his cheek. He's doing that manspread thing. My mind is racing.