Chapter XII: Breakfast Run-in

There is mention of sexual assault in this chapter. Proceed as you wish:

I open my eyes and smell... bacon?

Sin's not in bed, so he much be fixing breakfast.

I stand up and head to the bathroom, only to find him shaving in the mirror. What?

"Uh, Sin?"

"Hm? Oh, good morning, angel. You sleep good?" he turns to me.

"Yeah, but don't you smell bacon?"

"Yeah, I do actually..." he says.

What the hell?

"We should leave. Somebody's definitely in here," I say in panic.

"I'll go check it ou-"

"No! You'll die." I say, scared.

"For one, I have a gun. Two, why would I be afraid of somebody cooking bacon?" he laughs as he walks over to his closet. He grabs a small chest, enters a code and takes out a Glock. Holy shit.

He checks the clip before cocking the gun back.

He starts to leave out of the room, but I grab his hand so I can go too.

"Angel, stay here. I'll-"

"No, I'm coming..." I whisper.

He looks down at me with a smile before continuing to walk. We both tiptoe downstairs, expecting to see some random ass person cooking in our kitchen, but it's our mothers.

"Oh, crap. Ma, you scared us!" I shout.

"Well, hello to you too. We got on the plane as soon as we heard the news!" Ma says, excitedly.

Malik is a snitch.

"Is it my granddaughter or son?" Sin's mother, Luna, asks.

"Sin thinks it's a girl, I think it's a boy." I walk over to the bar stools and have a seat.

Sincere sets his gun down on the table and Luna reacts so fast,

"Oh, no! You better take that gun and put it back!"

"Mamma, calm down. I took the clip out, see?" Sincere shows her.

"I don't care, mio figlio. Put it back immediately."
*mio figlio means my son in Italian*

He groans before picking it up, "okay, fine."

Lina's head snaps at him, "huh?"

"Nothing; sorry, Mamma." He leaves to put it back.

"So... when and how did this happen?" Luna asks.

I awkwardly laugh, "long story."

"We're all ears." Ma says as she sets the breakfast plates on the table.

I stand up from the counter and walk over to the table, "it started as a one-night stand." I answer truthfully.

"Oh?" Ma smirks.

"Ma, stop," I giggle, "and honestly? I caught feelings the day after. We've been together barely three days now. And the one-night stand happened like a week ago, I think. Then we agreed on friends with benefits, now we're having a child and moving in together." I say.

"Wow... what a chaotic love story." Luna says with a smile.

Sincere comes back downstairs and jogs lightly towards Luna, hugging her. "Hi, Mamma."

"Hi, mio figlio. I heard you've been doing grown man things..."

He lifts up, "yeah. I'm taking full responsibility, and I swear to be a good father to my daughter, Mamma."