Chapter XXIII: Threats

I feel a small nudge on my shoulder.

"Hm?" I groan.

"I'm gonna take Lily to the store, okay? I'll be back soon." Sin whispers.

"Mmkay," I yawn, then fall back asleep.

Ever since last week, Lily's been staying with us again. She's been having terrible nightmares as well. Whenever I hear her, I rush to her. I can understand why she is the way she is, because I've been with Wren so I have no problem with it.

Time flies by, then I hear the bedroom door open. I don't move because I automatically assume it's Sin. I hear shuffling from a bag of some sort, then I feel him crawl on top of me and take my underwear off.

"Sin, I'm still sleepy," I groan.

"Oh, yeah? Too bad." they say. That's not Sincere.

I open my eyes and see Wren straddling me in between his legs with a rope in his hand his dick out. Before I can even register what the hell is going on, he starts to rub his dick on my entrance.

I get my thoughts together quickly, then shove him off of me, as hard as I can then stand up from the bed and run out.

I hear him start chasing after me as I click on the elevator button. I start spamming and spamming but it won't open.

"You're not going anywhere." he smirks. "I told you if you tried some shit with me, it'd be your ass next, no?"

I run to the kitchen and grab a knife. I hold it out in front of me and tell him,

"You better leave before I kill you..."

He laughs, "yeah, right. As if you'd have the guts for that." he walks closer. "You'd throw up before you could even swing."

With every step he takes, I back up.

"Wren, what the hell is wrong with you? You're fucking insane!" I shout.

I start thinking of any possibility on how to get out of here, then remember my mother left her emergency necklace here. The one where you press the button if you fall and the ambulance will come immediately. Her back is really bad so it was necessary for her. It's in the drawer behind me.

I continue to back up as he speaks,

"You know, Mal. I really regret treating you as bad as I did. You're so beautiful. And your pussy is too. I forgot how hot it looked," he laughs.

I stop a few inches away from the drawer so he can't tell that I'm opening it, then reach inside and press the button the necklace.

"I'll never get back with you, Wren." I say.

"Good, 'cause that's not what I want. What I want is to feel that tight little pu-"

The elevator door opens, and Sin and Lily walk in.

"Sin!" I shout out.

He looks up at me in confusion, but it switches to anger as soon as he sees Wren.

Wren turns around and Sin's already in his face. Sin grabs Wren by his throat, and slams him into the refrigerator and he falls onto the floor, blood spewing from his head.

Sin punches Wren over and over again to the point his face is no longer recognizable.

"Sin, stop." I call.

He doesn't stop and starts hitting him harder and faster.

"Sincere Dante Reed, stop it!" I throw the knife in my hand onto the ground.

Sin stops punching him and runs his bloody hand through his hair. He stands up and looks at me: is it weird that I find him dangerously attractive while he has another man's blood all over him? Probably.

He turns back to Wren and spits on his face before walking to me.

"Is he-"

"No, he's not dead; just unconscious. Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"He..." I stop: if I tell him his dick touched me, he'll kill him. "No. He didn't."

Sin sighs in relief and then pulls me into a hug, "I should've waited for you to wake up before I left. I'm sorry, angel."

"What? That's nonsense. Wren must've been stalking or some shit and figured out the code to the elevator. We're just going to have to change it, that's all. But I'm okay." I look up at him and give him a small kiss, "thank you for helping me."

"I'd kill for you, my love."

◷...✍︎︎...◷

The police came and Sincere threatened all of them to actually keep Wren locked up. I think they're going to listen this time.

Lily felt comfortable enough to go back to her home and now Sin and I are lying down, watching Aladdin. I'm looking at the screen, but my mind is elsewhere. I almost got raped and Sin damn near killed a man. I changed the sheets and helped scrub the floors, but I'm not comfortable staying in this house anymore.

"Lovebug?" I call.

"Yes, angel?"

"Can we move somewhere else? I don't think I wanna stay here anymore. It's uncomfortable." I ask.

"Of course we can. Another penthouse or an actual house? Perhaps a mansion?"

"Just a single-family home is fine. Can we go look tomorrow?"

"Mhm." he kisses my forehead and I fall asleep on his chest.

*Next chapter is gonna be a biiiig time skip because the book is finally coming to an end. She's gonna have the kids in those chapters too... and if you thought the part where she started bleeding from her vagina was a "mother's worst fear", you were terribly wrong. Prepare yourself for heartache!!*