Chapter XVI: $500,000

*This chapter is in Sin's POV*

Angel was right, Lily was sick. I followed her to the bathroom and held her hair up. I patted her back as she threw up too. I hate vomit, but my Angel has been doing it a lot recently so I've gotten a little used to it.

A thud rings in my ears, and I hear shouting too.

"Lily, I'll be back..." I say as I let her hair go.

I walk out into the hallway and see my Angel holding her stomach, crying and blood coming out of her vagina, messing up her shorts.

"Sin... please, go get Wren," she cries.

Oh. So, he did this?

I don't even think twice before looking down the hallway. I see him step into the elevator, so I run to try and catch it before it closes. He starts to spam the 'close' button, but that bitch just wasn't fast enough.

I grab him by his throat, "what the fuck did you do to her?" I shout.

"I... didn't do... anything." he answers.

I slam him into the wall and the elevator doors close and he falls to the ground.

I take a step back and lean against the opposite wall in the elevator, then fold my arms before asking, "did you hit my wife and my kids?"

He rapidly shakes his head, "it was an accident. I-I didn't mean to."

"Whether you meant to or not, you still did."

"Wait, wait, wait. Let's-"

I cut him off with a kick to his stomach.

He coughs and starts rapidly gasping for air.

"How does that shit feel? Huh?!"

I'm trying my hardest not to kill this bitch but my blood is boiling.

Impulsively, I yank him up off of the floor, and start beating his face in.

"If anything, and I mean anything happens to my wife or kids, I swear to fucking God, I'm killing you. You better hope and fucking pray my kids are okay or,"
The elevator opens,
"I'll pay that five hundred million to get your ass that legal death penalty."

"Um... sir? W-what happened here?" an officer asks.

I analyze the situation I'm in. I'm covered in another man's blood. His face is fucked up. Jail time is likely.
But my wife is still upstairs bleeding.

I yank Wren up and throw him at the feet of the police, "I need the paramedics to come with me, now."

They start to follow me, but an officer asks, "what the hell happened?"

"Just take his ass into custody and make sure he never gets out."

◷...✍︎︎...◷

When the elevator door opens, my Angel is standing on the wall with Lily's arm around her waist, bawling her eyes out. I rush over to her and she cries into my shirt,

"Something isn't right... I can feel it," she cries.

The paramedics come and start to take her away. Lily and I both won't be able to fit in the elevator, but she's pregnant.

"You go, I'll take the stairs." I say.

She nods and goes into the elevator.

◷...✍︎︎...◷

I've never ran as fast as I did down those steps. I was on the fourteenth floor and I made it down there before they did.

Now I'm waiting in the lobby of the hospital to see if my Angel and my kids are okay.

"Excuse me, Mr. Reed. You can see Miss Dime now." a nurse says.

I spring up from my chair and burst into the room. Angel is covering her face, crying.

My heart is sinking into my ass.

"A-angel?" I call.

She lifts up and she's smiling, "they're okay. Our kids are okay."

A wave of serenity washes over me and my shoulders feel like a heavy boulder has just been lifted off of them.

I take my Angel in my arms and hug her as tight as I possibly can.

"Excuse me, we're here from the county police department. We'd like to speak with you guy-"

"Five-hundred thousand to each of you officers if you skip questioning and just incarcerate him for life." Sin says.

What?!

"We'll be taking our leave. Here's my contact card." the officer hands it to Sin.

I would've taken it too...

"Thank you."

*I didn't add this to the last chapter because I felt like Sin should've had his own lil chapter of what went down*