three

"Delilah, you better hurry up!" Jeremiah shouts impatiently.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Lilah runs after Jeremiah, starting to walk down to the beach without her.

"Finally," Jeremiah jokes.

Delilah jumps on his back.

Jeremiah stumbles upon impact, "Alright, you know, give a man a warning." He complains, holding her legs to hoist her up higher.

Delilah breaks the silence. "You know my dad's coming up next month."

"Cool!" Jeremiah says, turning his head so he can hear her.

"Jerey, don't you think it's kinda weird though?" Lilah questions.

"I mean, not really, I love your dad." He says, shrugging with her still on his back.

"They've only been divorced for a year. I feel like it'll be kinda awkward." Her hands go through and sit on the top of his head.

"But Laurel's cool, she doesn't give a shit. Mr. Conklin could always read her well." He walks through the brush, his hands staying under her thighs to hold her up.

"I guess. She's the one who wanted to get the divorce in the first place, and now she's just inviting him back over?" The complaint shines through her voice, her head flying back.

"Well, I think if you don't want to be married anymore you shouldn't be married." The boy stated.

Delilah nodding slightly but then covered his eyes from behind him.

"Dels? I kinda can't see." She laughs.

"Better get your eyes checked." She peers over him making sure he wouldn't trip.

He bends down, her feet touching the sand. She smiles and takes her hand off of his eyes, getting off his back.

He turns around to face her, Their bodies were close. If it were anybody else they would both be uncomfortable.

He held her, his hands on the small of her back. She feels like her heart is going to burst out her chest.

"Jere, can-"

"Let's get in the water," He says, cutting her off. She showed a small, but genuine smile. Jeremiah intertwindes their fingers as they run down to the ocean, but Delilah stops before her ankles hit the water.

"What's wrong Dells? You always come in."

"It's cold!" She whines, backing up.

"Oh my god." Jeremiah rolls his eyes and walks to her.

Before she can back away, she throws her up over his shoulder.

"Jeremiah! Do not put me in the water, it's freezing!" She flails her arms, hitting his abck slightly as she attempts to squirm from her place on his shoulder.

He holds her legs tighter to stop her from falling, but her hand lands on her ass.

"Oh shit- sorry Dells!" He moves his hand, and she laughs, triggering his as well.

The girls' laughter is boisterous and contagious. Her face is fully flushed, but she's laughing, and even if he's embarrassed, he's laughing too. As he sets her down into the water she screeches.

"Jeremiah! No! Stop!" The laughter subsides as the cold water washes over her back with each wave.

"Pick me back up, please, oh my god!" He leans down and does what he's told. But as he helps her up, she pulls him down.

Jere falls on top of her and his lips lightly touch the side of her cheek. They resurface the water and she smiles.

"I missed this."