thirty three

Delilah Sat in her room, she was woozy, half because she was drunk,  and half because of how much she'd been crying.

she had always loved Conrad. and she felt as if he actually loved her too. maybe she was wrong.. but now, it was almost impossible to love him.

there was a knock at her door. "go away conrad." 

"its not Conrad its steven."

"oh. come in"

Steven entered the room, hid face held a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry del.."

"why?"

"you know why." he sat on my bedside. "Conrad told me what happened... I think you should hear him out del... he was crying"

Delilah felt her stomach flutter. did he really care abt her that much?

"I'm hurt Stevie.  I really really like him."

"delilah... there isn't that much time before we leave and he goes to college... I think you should fix things before it's too late"

"do you really think he.likes me back..?"

Steven broke out into laughter.

"Delilah. that man is in love with you. I promise"

Delilah smiled, hugging her twin.

"you should hurry. I think he said something about going surfing."

Delilah ran out of her room.

_____

Steven was right, Conrad was by the water, but he wasn't surfing. he was sitting down. at delilahs favorite spot.

Delilah walked up to him.

"hey..."

he didn't look up. "hey."

"Connie. I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

he finally looked up. his eyes were red and puffy.

"do you now?"

delila nodded.

Conrad started to smile.

he pulled the girl in and kissed her. once they pulled away,  they smiled.

a/n; ik its short.. I'll make up for it in the next one!! it's almost done and there's a plot twist!!.

April 6th. 2024.