seven

The cops finally left and everyone including Laurel, let out a relived sigh. Laurel turned to face the majority or drunk teenagers standing before her.

"what in the world were you thinking?! how could you be so irresponsible? " she lectured.

"momm. it wasn't a big deal alright? seriously." Steven was holding his head.

"yeah, the cops were just looking to breakup the bonfire." Delilah implied.

"not a big deal?" Laurels eyes went wide. She was in awe.

the drunken teens nodded their heads.

"I'd say getting picked up by the cops is a pretty big deal steven. And i expected this from you Steven, but Delilah? Are you serious." Laurel shook her head.

Delilah took in a breath. "were you guys smoking tonight? "

"what! keep your voice down!! Susannahs asleep on the couch." Laurel demanded.

"well I wasn't yelling. you- you- you- were" Delilah struggled to speak.

"I thought you said you could handle drinking." Jeremiah whispered into the smaller girls ear. She just wrapped her arms around his torso to keep herself steady and to hide the mark on her face that had went down.

"and just do you know Laurel, I- I didn't drink tonight. I was the DD I swear" Laurel ignored the youngest Fisher boy and looked over towards the eldest one.

"you're the oldest. what the hell has gotten into you?" Then she looked at her you gest daughter who she seemed to not notice until now.

"And when did you leave the house without telling anybody? and what the hell are you wearing?"

"it's Delilahs. and why am I the only one who isn't allowed to go out." Belly asked. Delilah was too drunk to care that belly went through her clothes.

" It's not that you're not allowed. It's that you should have told us that you were going." Laurel addressed her youngest daughter.

"How did you even get there?" she asked

" I walked" Belly was hesitant.

"Jesus, you know better than to walk that far down the beach alone at night."

"Can you stop treating me like a kid?" Belly spat at her mother.

"If you want to be treated like an adult, you need to act like one." Laurel calmly replied.

"Then maybe you guys should too," Conrad suggested.

"What does that mean?" Laurel asked conrad. Clearly offended. Conrad just shrugged. He was by far the drunkest one out of them all.

"I hope you realized this night could have ended a lot differently if your family wasn't your family." Laurel said.

"were sorry Laur." Jeremiah said on behalf of everyone.

"just- go to bed guys." Laurel was dissopointed but she walked in the other room.

"meet me in my room in 10?" Jeremiah asked Del before heading up the stairs. She nodded as she went to get something to drink.

Conrad was in the kitchen.

"we need to talk Conrad." Delilah walked up to him.

"you got me fucked up in the head boy.
never doubted myself so much
like, am I pretty, am I fun boy?
I Hate tha I give you power over that kind of stuff"

"what is there to talk about?" Conrad whispered blankly.

"cause its always one step forward
and three steps back.
I'm the love of your life
until I make you mad"

"what's gotten into you?" Delilah was concerned for the older boy infront of her.

"nothing."

"its always one step forward
and three steps back.

"Conrad. between last summer and tonight I know somethings up."

Conrad sighed.

He got so close to Delilah she could feel his breath on her. He pulled her in as his lips caressed hers, for the second time that night.

"do you love me,
want me,
hate me,
boy I don't understand.
no I dont understand."

Delilah jumped up onto the counter top as Conrad deeped the kiss. His Lips went to her neck and she whimpered softly.

"shh. the moms are in the other room." Conrad reminded.

"and maybe in some masochistic way,
I kinda find it all exciting
like, which lover will i get today?
will you walk me to the door,
or send me home crying?"

delilahs hands ran through Conrad's hair. He moaned softly into her neck.

"it's one step forward
and three steps back
I'm the the love of your life
until I make you mad.
it's always one-step forward
and three steps back.
do you love me
want me
hate me ?

Conrad pulled away from Delilah. Looking into her eyes but looking away quickly.

boy I don't understand."
no I dont understand.