nineteen.

Delilah woke up to the sound of her alarm. She swung over turning it off. Today was the 1 day in the summer that Delilah would set an alarm. It was also her favorite day of the summer because it was July forth.

There was a lot of food,, friends and fireworks. It was also one of the days she dreaded the most.

it was the 1 day the father's would come and Delilah's relationship with her father wasn't exactly the best. It was complicated. Delilah always felt weird around her dad like she had to be perfect.

She was constantly compared to her younger sister who in her dad's eyes would be more successful.

Delilah always hated the little comments he would make but never said anything.

When her parents got divorced, belly, and Steven were very upset. Whilst Delilah, was relieved, she didn't have to put on a filter anymore.

delilah put on a red bandana print crop top, white Jean shorts, her hair was still in the French braids She did last night. she tied a blue bandana around her head and applied light mascara and lip gloss. She put on a pair of white converse before walking downstairs.

Billy sat at the table by Jeremiah.

"Good morning, Delilah." Jeremiah smiled.

"morning jere! belly you look gorgeous!!." Belly smiled back at the girl.

Jeremiah took belly's bowl, drinking her milk and Delilah lean against the wall behind them.

Conrad walked in.

"yo. I'm gonna go watch the Clams, do you have the lighter fluid?" he asked Jeremiah.

"It's already on the beach."

"Hey, can I come?" belly Asked Conrad.

"no." Conrad said leaving belly with the frown on her face.

"Delilah come with me?" Conrad asked. " I need your help."

"sure," delilah replied.

Belly glared at Delilah as she followed Conrad out the room.

"do you even need my help?" Delilah asked, Conrad grabbed a bucket.

"no. I just wanted to see you" Conrad smiled, pulling the girl in for a kiss.

Delilah chuckled kissing the brunette back.

conrad walked back into the kitchen,, Delilah following behind.

"Dad's not coming.?" Conrad asked, setting the bucket down and going to stand by the wall. Delilah followed.

"mhm" Susannah replied.

Delilah watched as Jeremiah smile faded,

" but I got some serious fireworks for the show This year." Jeremiah said.

"we'll take a video." Susannah suggested,

" it's not the same." Jeremiah was disappointed.

" I know"

Delilah looked over to Conrad. Who was smiling. she knew exactly why too.

" What are you smiling over there for? Jeremiah asks his brother, smiling too.

"no reason.."Conrad replied.

_______

"delilah go upstairs and get belly your dad's here." Laurel demanded.

delilah groaned but obeyed. She went upstairs and went to the guest room where belly was.

"belly dads her- Oh,."

she looked in the room to see belly and Conrad smiling At each other, but belly smile was different. She was practically drooling over Conrad,

"thanks, Conrad." belly smiled before leaving the room.

"Hey.. Lilah" conrad said, Delilah replied with 'hey,'

She went up to Conrad and wrapped her arms around his neck and his arms went to her waist, he softly kissed her lips.

Delilah had no idea what they were. They kiss and act like they're together in private. But friends in public? It was confusing the girl and she decided she was going to ask him about it that night.

"What were you and belly talking about?" She asked the brunette.

"I was just helping her make the bed and she said something about your dad's girlfriend being a bitch." conrad laughed.

"not gonna lie, I wish my dad wasn't here." Delilah said sitting on the bed. Conrad knew how she felt.

His dad was the same way, "I'm sorry your dad's not coming." Delilah flashed Conrad a sympathetic smile,

"don't be, I'm not" Conrad, replied,, sitting next to the girl on the bed.

His hand on her lower back to comfort her.
" Yeah, I thought this year, mom wouldn't invite him."
"yeah, I'm sorry, at least you have me to back you up." Conrad Replied,

"oh thank goodness, I'm saved" Delilah said sarcastically.

"Oh yeah," Conrad said starting to tickle the girl she giggled.

Falling back on the bed, Conrad shifted with her.

"stopppp" she laughed

"say sorry." he demanded.

"noo" she answered.. conrad tickled the girl more.

"okay!! okay!! I'm sorry," she said in between laughs.

conrad stopped,, leaning over and kissing the girl softly on her lips.

Delilah put her hand on the back of Conrads head pulling him back for anotye4 kiss after he pulled away.

"delilah your dads here- OH' Susannah said, walking in the room. "I'm sorry"

, Connor quickly pulled off of the girl and they both sat up.

Susannah stood in the doorway.

"Your dad's here sweetie," Susannah said a smile's plastered on her face.

" Okay, I'm coming." Susannah nodded, leaving the room.

"Do you think she'll tell my mom?" Delilah asked.

"she'll definitely tell her." Conrad said the pair laughed.