twenty six

Delilah ran downstairs and out to Conrad's car. Conrad smiled at her when she sat next to him.

Delilah was wearing a white cropped tank.,, and black ripped jeans shorts.

"I told you to dress Casual" Conrad laughed

"i am" delilah replied.

"okay then" Conrad laughed.,, pulling the car out of the driveway.

"where are we going," delilah asked

"you'll see."

______

Conrad pulled up to the boardwalk.

Delilah looked at him and he smiled.

It was one of Delilah's favorite places in cousins. Her and Conrad used to go there at least once every summer. They haven't went there for a few summers.

Conrad parked his car and Delilah jumped out of the door quickly. Giggling as Conrad followed after her.

"delilah waitttt" Conrad laughed running after the girl who was now bolting towards the carnival.

Once Conrad caught up to her, they walked over to the ticket booth. hand in hand.

They both got  wrist bands for the day. Conrad put his on with no hassle and Delilah struggled Conrad laughed.
As she gave up, he helped her put it on

"thanks." She smiled embarrassed.

"No problem. O" Delilah cringed at Conrad's choice of words.

________

"what do you want to do first?" conrad Asked the brunette.

" definitely not ringtoss" Delilah joked,

"oh, come on, Lilah I said I was sorry"

when they were about 13 or 14. When no one else was home. Conrad invited Delilah to go to the boardwalk with him. Of course, she agreed because she's had a crush on him for years. but he didn't invite her because he liked her back. he had a crush on the girl that ran the ring toss booth.

"I know I know" delilah answered.

" How about I buy you a funnel cake to make up for it.?" He suggested.

"I mean, if you insist" Delilah laughed following Conrad over to the food cart,

"thank you," delilah smiled at the older boy

" anything for you" he smiled back booping delilah on the nose she giggled.

"Let's go on the Ferris wheel" Delilah asked it wasn't really a question though.

The line wasn't very long, but it felt like they were waiting for hours.

Finally, it was their turn. delilah ran up looking for the perfect cart for them. When she found it, she patted the seat next to her.

"conrad walked slowly to The cart

" come on, Connie. We don't have forever" Delilah reminded

"okay okay" conrad sped up.  he softly sat next to her.  As the worker dude made sure it was secure as their car moved up to the next spot so the people behind them could get on.

Delilah giggled, kicking her feet, making the cart rock. Conrad grabbed her hand on instinct.

"con. Are you OK?" Delilah asked.,, worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Please stop shaking though."

"awee Are you afraid of heights?"

"no!"  Conrad replied a little too fast.