Chapter Twenty seven

UNEXPECTEDLY, Vyn did not go home that night. I even went to his penthouse but he isn't there. Hindi rin siya nag text or tumawag sa akin. Wow, where did he spend his night then? I am worried but I am overthinking too. Nakakadagdag lang yung nakita ko.

Sa sofa na ako nakatulog. I was woken up by a sound of the door opening. Bitbit ang coat, Vyn arrived.

"Where have you been?" Tanong ko kaagad.

"Office. Had to work overtime. " He replied. "Did you sleep here?"

"Apparently, yes."

"I'm sorry. Next time, you don't have to wait for me anymore."

"Wait." I winced a little. "Next time? What do you mean?"

"I mean, I might go home very late next time."

"You've been doing that for the past few weeks already, Vyn. Did you forgot?" I unbelievably stare at him. "And I've been doing this, like, waiting for you, since then."

"Yeah. That's why I'm telling you to not do it again,"

"Why?" Naguguluhan na ako. "Are you getting back with Mira?" I used my last card.

"What?" He looked at me with brows furrowed. "Why the hell Mira got included here?"

He didn't answer yes but he didn't said no too.

I stood up and shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe because I saw you with her family yesterday? Or because you always work overtime thinking that she's at your company."

Mukha s'yang nagulat dahil alam ko ngunit kaagad n'ya rin na nabawi ang ekspresyon. 

"It was a coincidence that I saw them there. I was with some business partner. Her mom asked me to join their table and I can't refuse. . .You know my status to their family, Dianne." he explained.

"What about you purposely ignoring my call, still coincidence?" I tried meeting his eyes but he immediately looked away..

"Wait. You were so detailed about the things I did yesterday. Are you stalking me?" He accused.

"Wow," I unbelievably said. "I was with Rivera--"

"So you're with your classemate, huh." He cut my words. "At the mall, after class hours? Really? Aren't you suppose to be at home that time facing your reviewers!" Umigting ang kaniyang panga.

"I went to buy groceries!" Giit ko.

His jaw clenched. "Groceries, my ass! You can do it all alone, Dianne. Why bother bringing that classmate of to yours, huh?!"

"I did not act like that when I saw you with Mira!"

"It's was an accident that I saw them there kaya h'wag mong ipasok sa usapan si Mira." Mariin ngunit kalmadong saad n'ya. It pains me because he was defending her. "This is about you and your fuckin--"

"And why the hell this is all about me now?!" Sigaw ko na nagpatahimik sa amin pareho.

We were both furious and mad. Both catching out breathe after shouting with each other.  If only rooms aren't soundproof here in VNC, any people who will cross our unit will know that we are arguing early in the morning.

This is the most painful argument we've ever had. Except that he's defending and siding Mira, he is also raising his voice at me. Bagay na ni minsan ay hindi n'ya ginawa, ngayon lang. Because of Mira.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and let a breath out. "You know what, let just talk about it some other time. I'm too tired and I haven't got a good sleep."