[12]

Upstate New York, Avengers Compound, 2016

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Upstate New York, Avengers Compound, 2016

Steve and Dolores sat in the living room of the compound, watching news coverage of their failed mission in Lagos. Technically, they obtained the dangerous bioweapons that Rumlow was planning to use, but at the cost of lives in the building that they accidentally blew up. 

Steve didn't tell Dolores about what Rumlow had said to him before his death. If she knew he spoke about Bucky, it would break her heart all over again. She was already spending all of her waking hours searching for clues of where he could be. 

Steve shut the TV off, but they still heard the news coming from another room nearby. They both made their way to Wanda's room, watching as she stared intently at the person on the TV that was speaking about what right she had to be a danger to society just by existing. 

Dolores shut the TV off. 

"It's my fault," Wanda started, causing Steve to instantly begin walking to her, but Dolores stopped him. 

"You know that's not the truth," she whispered, sitting beside the young girl. 

"Turn the TV back on. They're being very specific," she scoffed. 

"I should have clocked that bomb vest long before you had to deal with it," Steve offered, joining the girls. 

"Rumlow said 'Bucky' and I just..." He realized what he did when Dolores tensed beside him. He sighed, closing his eyes. 

"And people died. It's on me," he offered, not knowing how to fix what he just revealed. Dolores put her thoughts aside for a moment to focus on Wanda. 

"It's on all of us. We are a team, when we fail, we fail together," Dolores asserted gently, placing a hand on Wanda's shoulder. 

"This job ... we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that, next time... maybe nobody gets saved," Steve sighed, wondering how Dolores and himself ended up in such a position. They came a long way from being 16-year-old kids from Brooklyn. 

Vision suddenly appeared through the wall causing the two women to gasp and place a hand over their hearts. 

"Vis! We talked about this," Wanda sighed. 

"Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that... Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving," Vision finished bowing his head. 

"We'll be down shortly," Steve nodded. Dolores almost laughed as Vision awkwardly looked towards the door. 

"Right, I guess I'll use the door. Oh! He's also brought a guest," Vision turned back before leaving.

"Do we know who?" Dolores asked. 

"The secretary of state," Vision nodded, leaving. 

"Well, shit," 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------