[22]

Berlin, Germany, 2016

Dolores and Steve watched a screen from an office that contained the image of Bucky being evaluated by the psychologist with no sound on. Sharon and Sam were present as well, going over the receipts the government wrote them for their stuff. 

"Really? 'Bird costume'?" Sam groaned, looking over his stuff. Steve smirked slightly. 

"Hey, I didn't write it," Sharon smirked a little, looking down at a control on the desk in front of her. She slyly hit a button that unmuted the video feed with Bucky, causing Dottie to shoot her a look of gratitude. 

"I'm not here to judge you. I just need to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James," the evaluator began. 

"My name is Bucky. No one calls me James, except..." He trailed off, thinking of the woman he knew he loved despite the holes in his memory. Dottie sat up a little straighter. 

Steve was studying the blurry photograph of the bomber in Vienna. 

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Steve asked, confused about the way this whole situation came about. 

"To get the word out, I guess," Sharon shrugged, also a little confused. 

"Right, it's a great way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier," Steve thought aloud, causing Dolores to turn to him. 

"You're saying someone framed him to find him?" Sharon asked as the cogs began turning in Dottie's head. It would make sense. Bucky said that he didn't do that kind of stuff anymore, and from the looks of his place he was trying to start a new life. Why would he do it, and who would be controlling him?

"Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing," Sam offered, trying to get his friends off of the conspiratorial path. 

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads," Dolores interjected, beginning to see what Steve was seeing. 

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would..." Sharon began to trail off, feeling oddly unsafe suddenly. Dottie turned her attention back to the screen that showed Bucky and the evaluator. 

"Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal," the evaluator almost smiled, causing Bucky to feel uneasy. 

"I don't want to talk about it," he grunted, trying to avoid the confrontation with his past. 

"You fear that... if you open your mouth, the horrors may never stop. Don't worry. We only have to talk about one," he grinned, causing Dottie to stand in anxiety, unsure of what was happening. Before she knew it, the lights went out. 

"Great. Someone get eyes on Barnes, now!" Everett barked, as Dottie turned to Sharon with begging eyes. 

"FRIDAY, get me the source of that outage," Tony called, analyzing the information that was pulled up in front of him.