[7]

Washington, D

Washington, D.C., 2014

The two technicians sat at their stations, waiting for their jobs to begin.

"I've been parking there for two months," the brunette man chided his colleague.

"But it's his spot," the blond argued.

"So, where's he been?" The brown-haired tech scoffed.

"I think Afghanistan,"

"Negative, DT-6. The pattern is full," the brunette suddenly spoke into his earpiece before continuing his conversation. "Well, he could have said something."

They were both interrupted by a sharp noise cutting through their earpieces, causing them to flinch in pain.

"Must be the dish," The blond mumbled, rubbing his ear gently.

"I'll check it out," his coworker sighed, getting up. However, the second he opens the door he's met with Sam Wilson, Maria Hill, Steve Rogers and Dottie Goodwin. Sam and Maria have their guns trained on him.

"Excuse us," Steve smiled in politeness as the tech held up his hands in surrender, stepping aside.

As the board members of project insight enjoyed a toast with Alexander Pierce, they were interrupted by the sounds of the one man Pierce couldn't trick or defeat.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about Dottie and me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt us down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not," Steve made eye contact with Dolores across the room, and she nodded to her brother figure, giving him a salute.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam teased his friend once he was off the mic. Steve gave them both a smile.

Meanwhile, in the board room, the team of advisors was shocked to hear the Captain's message. They stared at him in awe as two "SHIELD" agents walked in.

"Arrest him!" Councilman Singh ordered, but the men instead trained their guns on him.

"I guess I've got the floor," Alexander chuckled.

In the main control room, Brock Rumlow and his goons entered, ordering a tech to launch the Helicarriers.

"I'm..." The tech gulped, taking a deep breath.