[23]

London, UK, 1943

London, UK, 1943

Steve and Dolores made their way into the Allied forces headquarters, searching around the area for Howard Stark who had promised some new gear for them. 

"I'll be right back, I think I saw Peggy somewhere. Maybe ask around to see where Howard is," Dottie offered to Steve, walking around where she thought she saw a glimpse of her British friend. 

She spotted Peggy, who was writing notes down and focusing on analyzing a document. 

"Peggy!" Dottie smiled as she made her way to her. 

"Dottie," Peggy breathed, almost relieved to see her friend. She was surrounded by so many people who treated her differently, and she was glad to have a normal female friend around. 

"Well, do you know where Howard is? Steve and I are ready to see what he has for us," Dolores was wearing her uniform and looked ready for business. Peggy nodded with a smile. 

"Yes, he's just back in his lab area. I think he just finished a rather eventful testing of the material you and Steve retrieved from the Hydra facility, so he should be ready," Peggy stood, ready to lead her friend to the lab. 

"Hold on, we need to find Steve. He was asking around for Howard," Dottie chirped, leading Peggy back to where she left Steve. The women both stopped short when the sight in front of them reached their view. 

Steve was pressed against a shelf near a desk, some woman who worked in the base was running her hands down his chest as she connected their lips, both caught in a passionate kiss. Dottie almost screamed at the sight, and the fact that Peggy was directly behind her caused her heart to break. 

She knew Peggy had feelings for Steve, and it was obvious he reciprocated. The issue was that neither of them was experienced enough to work on acting on those feelings, and with a war going on they had plenty of other things to keep them busy. It seemed that Steve had found yet another thing to occupy his time. 

Peggy cleared her throat and the woman jumped from Steve, embarrassed as Steve looked dazed. Once he caught sight of Dolores and Peggy, his face went pale. 

"Captain. We're ready for you if you're not otherwise occupied," Peggy stated coldly, glaring as she spun on her heel, walking toward the lab. Dottie followed quickly and Steve jumped up, his head hanging low as he followed the two women. 

"You're an idiot, do you know that?" Dottie whispered to her friend, horrified by what she just witnessed. 

"It wasn't what it looked like, Dee-" 

"Like hell it wasn't. What, were you saving her from choking? Congratulations, Captain. You're a hero," Dolores spoke coldly, not understanding how sweet and caring Steve could do such a thing. He suddenly sped up, trying to catch a word with Peggy. 

"Agent Carter, wait a second!" He breathed, matching her pace. She didn't look at him. 

"Looks like finding a partner wasn't that hard after all," she noted, keeping her emotions from spilling out.