[25]

France, December 1943

It was the first mission that the Howling Commandos were assigned to; a factory in France masquerading as a Hyrda base full of soldiers and weapons. Snow fell around the group as they made their way through the forest, having been dropped off by a plane not far from the base. 

"Cold?" Dolores smirked at Bucky who was walking beside her, shivering slightly. His eyes snapped to her, catching her sly smile as he rolled his eyes with his own grin. 

"Not even a little. What about you?" He chuckled, bumping his hip with his fiance. 

"I think I'll survive," she giggled, making sure her guns were secured to her thigh holsters and her larger weapons were strapped behind her. Howard had given her an upgrade in weapons, using the best technology he had to improve the sound of the guns, making them quieter and easier to refill. 

The team stopped at their desired spot near the factory while Steve gave them a quick overview of the plan. Steve was going to take on as many soldiers as he could with Bucky and Dugan while Jones, Dernier, and Morita would come in from the back, surprising them. Falsworth would be waiting at their meeting spot, ready to engage the bombs that would be given to the group. Steve would have one, Jones would have one, and Dolores would have three. She was the secret weapon as she would attempt to get into the building unnoticed amidst the chaos the men would create, setting the most bombs. 

"Everyone understand?" Steve asked, locking his newly painted shield on his back. The group nodded as they got ready to part in their tasks. 

Bucky grabbed onto Dottie before she could dash away, pulling her by her waist back to him and connecting their lips in a quick but passionate kiss. She melted into the kiss, grabbing onto his face and sighing when they pulled apart. 

"What do you think of a June wedding?" He asked with a charming smile. 

"I don't care what month it is, whenever this is done I am snatching you up," Dottie smirked, placing one more kiss on his lips before getting out of his grasp and jogging away. 

"I love you," Bucky murmured into the communication systems everyone had fitted in their ears thanks to Howard. He could see her smile as she dashed out of sight. 

"Aw, how sweet! You love me," Dugan clasped his hand onto Bucky's shoulder, giving the man a sarcastic smile as he yanked Bucky along to join him and Steve to their positions. 

The mission was going according to plan and the two distractions from the major entrances to the base were providing enough coverage for Dolores to make her way through the base, planting her bombs with no one catching her. She had planted two of three bombs when gunshots rang out, hitting the wall near her head. 

She quickly rolled out of the way, making it behind a corner just as more shots rang out. She held onto the bag on her back that contained the last bomb, making sure nothing was damaged. Dottie pulled her two guns from her thighs, cocking them as she waited for the perfect moment. The gunfire stopped for 10 seconds and she knew this was the moment. She suddenly whipped around the wall, firing her weapons into the chests of the two Hydra agents that stood at the end of the hall, causing them both to fall over in pain.